We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20231006_155509_Instagram.jpg

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Give Dahlin what he wants. He has given full effort to improve . This version of Rome reoeated 100 times across the world wont last. Trust him and the culture you helped build w Donny
Make him happy. F it. You'll win in long run Power will learn from rasmus and EJ and surpass him . Dahlin happy is a key and I think all players should take two mil and be grateful and owners should charge 10 bucks fir tix. But this year counts.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Bryson making the team?

........and keeping three goalies?

Haha what? How can Bryson beat Stillman? I thought they told me that Stillman was not bad and a completely normal option for #7D. He's more physical than Bryson. It's still unclear. :huh:

Reactions: start winnin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yucky to see Olofsson and Bryson's names on the roster. I would've liked to see Adams make a move for a better option than Olofsson. I cant stand watching that man half ass it.

Bryson is #7 on the roster, but I think Johnson is going to surpass him quickly. Still, I would rather see Stillman in the LU in a pinch.

Let's see how the next few months pan out. The opening night roster last year was quite a bit different as the year progressed.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So far this training camp / preseason the thing I'm most disappointed with is Victor Olofsson.

His career is basically at a make or break point and he simply isn't producing. The same deficiencies we've seen for the past few years still exist, IMO.

You would think he would be trying harder.
This I don't agree with, he was working the boards and he also was cutting to the net. He plays a very good game on the perimeter because he has a lethal shot. If he keeps drifting into the middle or around the dots, he will be a big part of this team.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Bryson looked the same to me as last year in preseason, and both Stillman and Johnson looked better.

Why bother trading Bloom for Stillman then?
I disagree with the personnel decision, but Adams and Granato get paid to make them. We'll have to revisit this as the season progresses.

As far as the trade is concerned, retaining an inferior player to justify a poor trade would be an incredibly stupid throwing-good-money-after-bad situation. I'm confident that the Sabres' brass, whether correct or not, is acting with complete sincerity.

Reactions: Jacob582

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Would have liked Stillman as the 7th for some needed physicality.
But I have just watched 1 preseason game, so I just have last years Bryson as comparable which is awful.
Hope Biro makes it through waivers, he probably would be better than VO in the lineup, sorry I just dont like VO and I hope he proves me wrong.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would have liked Stillman as the 7th for some needed physicality.
But I have just watched 1 preseason game, so I just have last years Bryson as comparable which is awful.
Hope Biro makes it through waivers, he probably would be better than VO in the lineup, sorry I just dont like VO and I hope he proves me wrong.

He likely makes it. Most teams have a guy (or two) like him at the moment in terms of depth guys who are either on waivers or would have to go on waivers if a team were to pick up Biro.

Reactions: debaser66

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Benson fully deserves Quinn's top-6 spot, at least for now.

It's fine to want someone to replace Olafsson, but nobody stepped up to push him out of the lineup. Adams obviously doesn't feel compelled to acquire a replacement, and here we are.

More question marks to start the season than I'd like. Adams might find himself scrambling for one or more of: a veteran goalie, a top-6 wing, and a top-4 d-man.

Our GM has more pressure on him than anyone on the roster, and that's entirely his doing. Hope it works out.

Playoffs or bust.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad