Buffalo Sabres 2023-2024 Training Camp Thread

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Just wanted to get this going as the Summer Speculation will be turning into actual Training Camp in less than a couple of weeks.

Roster: Sabres announce 2023 training camp roster | Buffalo Sabres
Line Combos: Buffalo Sabres 2023-2024 Training Camp Thread
Practice Schedule: Calendar Print Preview
Preseason Schedule: Sabres announce 2023-24 preseason schedule
FanFest 2023: What to expect at Sabres Fan Fest on Saturday, Sept. 16
Blue and Gold Scrimmage 9/23 at 12 noon at KBC: Sabres to host Blue and Gold Scrimmage at KeyBank Center | NHL.com
Injuries: Matt Savoie, unknown (shoulder?), week to week, Jack Quinn (December), Vsevolod Komarov (day to day), Viktor Neuchev (skating)
Transactions:

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Want to add that they normally split the team into two squads - so line combinations in the first couple of weeks do NOT mean that is what is going to happen the entire season.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Want to add that they normally split the team into two squads - so line combinations in the first couple of weeks do NOT mean that is what is going to happen the entire season.
Pfft. It is a rite of passage to overreact to everything about camp from the line combos, to who is playing in each preseason game, to what jersey numbers the Rochester guys are wearing. Don't you dare take that away from me!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
This is true, but if Matthew Savoie starts on a line with 1-way contracted players it means he's made the team.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
so... are we getting a team together for the street hockey tourney or what?

(my buddies all got old and forgot that this is the most fun that a human can possibly have)

Reactions: brian_griffin

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
so... are we getting a team together for the street hockey tourney or what?

(my buddies all got old and forgot that this is the most fun that a human can possibly have)
I agree, there is nothing better than street hockey.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Interesting. They list three practice groups the first two days. Must be a big training camp. They started with two practice groups last year.

Reactions: Dingo44

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Get to Buffalo!

(PS yes, the avalanche have an Olofsson too)

I coached this guy (Evan Rawal).... Or maybe he coached me......?

Terrible season. We tried to play AA and didn't have enough AA level players. One line of AA, 1 D and a AAA level goaltender. Wasn't enough.

Evan was one of the really good ones. And he's turned into a heck of a beat writer type. Here's his on line Hockey Magazine...

I received no compensation or anything else from passing this on......

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20230916_130002_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad