Buffalo Free Agency Frenzy

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'd like to sign Jayce Walryuk as a 4C...I know, really shooting for the stars, but he skates well and I think he's got some Larry in him, 25yo Fire Eakin into the sun.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
CarelessRemorsefulGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
What free agents would even want to come here lol? I am not surprised at the inactivity. We will sign a few deals later.

Hoping for a 2 year-window with the current FA/s available.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I just want to point out we have 26 contracts COMBINED between us and the Amerks.
But we knew they'd have a lot of open slots come UFA day 2021.

Don't forget the 5 RFAs they qualified. To your point, many of the less-talented teams in the league are to the lower end of contracts vs. the 50 SPC limit. League median appears to be ~35 contracts, with VGK, SJS, CHI >40. VGK and CHI have essentially full rosters, VGK without any RFAs of significance, and CHI likely able to get Nylander and Hagel to agree to a QO. Something big could still happen between those teams (VGK, CHI) and BUF for Eichel - salary evening up with short-term roster players in addition to prospects like Tuch, Krebs, or Dach, etc.

Remember, teams can exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason, and I don't even know if/how that is counted.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
But we knew they'd have a lot of open slots come UFA day 2021.

Don't forget the 5 RFAs they qualified. To your point, many of the less-talented teams in the league are to the lower end of contracts vs. the 50 SPC limit. League median appears to be ~35 contracts, with VGK, SJS, CHI >40. VGK and CHI have essentially full rosters, VGK without any RFAs of significance, and CHI likely able to get Nylander and Hagel to agree to a QO. Something big could still happen between those teams (VGK, CHI) and BUF for Eichel - salary evening up with short-term roster players in addition to prospects like Tuch, Krebs, or Dach, etc.

Remember, teams can exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason, and I don't even know if/how that is counted.

after the RFAs QOs…they had 1-2 F, 1 D and the 2G. To fill. It’s not like they had much to do.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
  1. Efficient
  2. Economy
  3. Lifestyle

If all we sign are players on ELCs, that don't need to pass thru waivers, we can simply use the players for both teams. Waive to Amerks, play. Recall to Buffalo, play. Repeat for the season.

Efficient and economical!

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If all we sign are players on ELCs, that don't need to pass thru waivers, we can simply use the players for both teams. Waive to Amerks, play. Recall to Buffalo, play. Repeat for the season.

Efficient and economical!

Tell them all to save up for gas money

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Resign Fogarty for Rochester you dummies.

Sign Anisimov to be John the Baptist for the coming Russian invasion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad