Proposal: Buffalo & Boston

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You seem to be having a problem separating your personal opinion/ethical stance with the question you asked.

You asked why ANY TEAM would give up a 2nd for a dirty player. Maukkis answered you. I'm sure if you really think about it, you'd realize that many teams would gladly trade for Marchand if available.

Now if you personally wouldn't because his style goes against your beliefs, that's fine, but that wasn't the question you asked. Don't project your standards on the actual professionals who are employed to win games. While you say you wouldn't want him on your team, real life GMs would.
Real life GMs enployeed Cooke and Torres for years too. And it's not my standards at all it's league standards. The league is the one that says slew footing or spearing or taking out people's knees is illegal and should never be accepted. That is not my standards at all.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Real life GMs enployeed Cooke and Torres for years too. And it's not my standards at all it's league standards. The league is the one that says slew footing or spearing or taking out people's knees is illegal and should never be accepted. That is not my standards at all.

The first part of your post contradicts what you've written below and what your original question was. Seriously, do you have a point because it's pretty jumbled.

Again- You asked why any team would trade for a dirty player... now you post the facts that real life gms employed (and traded for) 2 dirty players who weren't as good as this one. Are you arguing with yourself? If so I'll back away and let you and your personalities debate each other, because it seems like you are doing a good job of defeating your own original point.

As for the league standards, you are correct. And as I've said, I really don't like Marchand as a player, even if he plays on the team I root for. But somehow I think that maybe you are a little more forgiving of dirty plays on your own team. I mean, I'm sure if I look I'll see that you made posts asking for the release of Matt Calvert, Dalton Prout, Blake Comeau, Jan Hedja and Jarred Boll, since all were told by the league that they had illegal plays that never should be accepted.

There's no way you'd be a hypocrite and turn a blind eye to those dirty plays, nor would you want those players on your team. Maybe you could point me to the posts you made asking for the release of Calvert.

Reactions: 3rdLiner

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The first part of your post contradicts what you've written below and what your original question was. Seriously, do you have a point because it's pretty jumbled.

Again- You asked why any team would trade for a dirty player... now you post the facts that real life gms employed (and traded for) 2 dirty players who weren't as good as this one. Are you arguing with yourself? If so I'll back away and let you and your personalities debate each other, because it seems like you are doing a good job of defeating your own original point.

As for the league standards, you are correct. And as I've said, I really don't like Marchand as a player, even if he plays on the team I root for. But somehow I think that maybe you are a little more forgiving of dirty plays on your own team. I mean, I'm sure if I look I'll see that you made posts asking for the release of Matt Calvert, Dalton Prout, Blake Comeau, Jan Hedja and Jarred Boll, since all were told by the league that they had illegal plays that never should be accepted.

There's no way you'd be a hypocrite and turn a blind eye to those dirty plays, nor would you want those players on your team. Maybe you could point me to the posts you made asking for the release of Calvert.
I said he should be suspended in the playoffs if that what you mean. Even though it was a cross check that is normally a 2 the way in which it happened was uncalled for and I was pissed because people had complained about dirtiness previous to that when there was 0 then he pulled that shit. The rest I don't even know or remember what those were so sure release them all.

I'll let the issue go though you seem to be easily confused on the situation I don't want you stressing over it you got patients to worry about and prescriptions to prescribe.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I said he should be suspended in the playoffs if that what you mean. Even though it was a cross check that is normally a 2 the way in which it happened was uncalled for and I was pissed because people had complained about dirtiness previous to that when there was 0 then he pulled that ****. The rest I don't even know or remember what those were so sure release them all.

I'll let the issue go though you seem to be easily confused on the situation I don't want you stressing over it you got patients to worry about and prescriptions to prescribe.

Buffalo employed John Scott. He’s had some pretty dirty plays in his day

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
That 2nd player would be great. Like a young Kesler. But Not Cooke with a better wrister.

Cooke with a better wrister, this man has gold in them jokes, gold!

There is maybe one thing Cooke does better than Marchand and that is throwing career ending cheapshots. Although, he might not even be all that much better than Marchand in that regard.

Let me know when did cooke ever put up over PPG or make an allstar team?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Buffalo employed John Scott. He’s had some pretty dirty plays in his day
But he's a feel good story at least still :laugh:

He looks just like the guy that played the bad guy in the first good movie too liev shriber or however it's spelled he would be perfect for a John Scott movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad