Proposal: Buffalo & Boston

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Atleast add Casey M if you want Boston to not autoreject but atleast think for 1 sek, for taking a capdump and a worse forward.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This is one of those special proposals that makes no sense for either team. Boston loses on value and trades the best player in the deal, meanwhile Buffalo gets no pieces that make sense for where the team is at.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't believe that Boston would have the slightest interest in this.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bogosian, and signed Evander Kane for Brad Marchand & 2nd. Would it work for both teams?

No, it's really bad for Boston both in value, contract situation and the fact that the team is on a roll and would be making an unneeded change that is also a downgrade.

You don't breakup arguably the best line in hockey to add a UFA with attitude issues and injury prone D with low hockey iq.

Reactions: Spazkat

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why would any team trade for the 2nd dirtiest player in the league?
I've been the most outspoken B's fan there is about Marchand's antics. I hate them. But he is a very good player, and dirty players have been traded throughout history: Linsman got traded, Claude Lemieux got traded, etc.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As much as I loathe Marchand, I'd love him on the Sabres. Guy is just a pure competitor.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Why would any team trade for the 2nd dirtiest player in the league?
That's exactly why.

What better is thee than an amazingly skilled forward on a good contract that plays well all over the ice and infuriates you for good measure?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That's exactly why.

What better is thee than an amazingly skilled forward on a good contract that plays well all over the ice and infuriates you for good measure?
That 2nd player would be great. Like a young Kesler. But Not Cooke with a better wrister.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That 2nd player would be great. Like a young Kesler. But Not Cooke with a better wrister.

You seem to be having a problem separating your personal opinion/ethical stance with the question you asked.

You asked why ANY TEAM would give up a 2nd for a dirty player. Maukkis answered you. I'm sure if you really think about it, you'd realize that many teams would gladly trade for Marchand if available.

Now if you personally wouldn't because his style goes against your beliefs, that's fine, but that wasn't the question you asked. Don't project your standards on the actual professionals who are employed to win games. While you say you wouldn't want him on your team, real life GMs would.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This can't be a seriour proposal, Bogosian is worthless.
Marchand>>>>>>> Kane.

This is one of those special proposals that makes no sense for either team. Boston loses on value and trades the best player in the deal, meanwhile Buffalo gets no pieces that make sense for where the team is at.

You could get so much more for Marchand on the market than for these 2.

Reactions: TCB

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Bogosian, and signed Evander Kane for Brad Marchand & 2nd. Would it work for both teams?

I know judging talent "is subjective" but an accountant who proposed this should be better. There is such a thing as salary cap in the league.
Since Bogo makes 5.2m and Marchand makes 6,2m wouldn't the Bruins be 1000 times better off signing UFA Kane, keeping Marchand not having Bogo, and the Bruins are just down 1m.

And let's be subjective, why would any team really want Bogosian?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Gotta love it when the side that gets a massive win in value says it's not really a fit for either team. Of course Buffalo does this, they make out like bandits. Just because the other side says no doesn't mean you have to out of spite

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad