Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Bills @ WFT -- Hockey Edition | Nick Backstrom's 1000 NHL Game | 4/15/2021 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
We all think Chara needs a rest break, not increased minutes. Curious your take on that?

I think he’d likely benefit from some rest, but I guess only he and the staff know that.

Otherwise if I’m looking at Dillon and Chara and asking myself who should get more ES minutes I think I’d go with Chara at this point. Maybe they could move Dillon to PK1 and Chara down to PK2 to compensate and even out the minutes some, or have Orlov double-shift since he has looked comfortable beside both Schultz and Jensen (and has looked great beside Carlson recently).

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
In that case I'd at least like to see TvR get in a few games to make sure he isn't ice cold if needed in the playoffs. Kempny too if he is healthy enough to play. Give players like Dillon, Chara, and Schultz some rest.

Where’s the cap space coming from to activate Kempny from LTIR during the RS? Joe B mentioned TVR is expected to play at least a few games in the coming weeks, per Laviolette.

If you’re swapping pairs around, as much as I dislike Orlov-Carlson, I’d go back to this for a bit:

Dillon-Jensen — physicality, shot blocking and pretty fast shutdown pair

Chara-Schultz — Schultz can skate, Chara’s better defensively, sort of our 2021 Orpik-Djoos.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Meh.

I think Dillon will look a lot stronger in tighter checking playoff games. Last night was nothing close to playoff hockey, which is fine.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I didn’t think Orlov-Schultz was performing badly before the switch-up, whereas Dillon-Carlson wasn’t pretty. Now, Orlov-Carlson seems to be on track and Dillon-Schultz is struggling. If we can get Dillon back on track, I’m confident Schultz will follow.

Exactly - it's patently obvious Dillon is the problem. Schultz was playing just fine before Dillon became his linemate. You can see in the Buffalo game, mistake after mistake by Dillon.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Meh.

I think Dillon will look a lot stronger in tighter checking playoff games. Last night was nothing close to playoff hockey, which is fine.

I think sometimes we forget that playoffs is a different game than regular season and that some players are just cut out for playoffs more than regular season. The playoff game comes to Dillon's skill set.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think sometimes we forget that playoffs is a different game than regular season and that some players are just cut out for playoffs more than regular season. The playoff game comes to Dillon's skill set.
If it were just a matter of style I'd agree with you, but the playoffs don't reward stupid mistakes and coverage errors either. Skating up your partner's ass to cover an already covered man and leaving your guy streaking to the net for an easy goal isn't playoff hockey. Right now Dillon isn't playing a gritty but respectable game, he's playing like an absolute doofus.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Exactly - it's patently obvious Dillon is the problem. Schultz was playing just fine before Dillon became his linemate. You can see in the Buffalo game, mistake after mistake by Dillon.
We're you watching a different game than everyone else. Schultz was the problem. Poor decisions has been a problem his entire career.
I'm surprised we didn't see more of this earlier.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
We're you watching a different game than everyone else. Schultz was the problem. Poor decisions has been a problem his entire career.
I'm surprised we didn't see more of this earlier.

I saw both of them play badly, but Schultz wasn't playing poorly until they paired him with Dillon. Whereas Dillon has been playing like crap for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad