Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Bills @ WFT -- Hockey Edition | Nick Backstrom's 1000 NHL Game | 4/15/2021 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I have to say, reading through this a little, your guys’ board is pretty great. I laughed out loud a fews times. Minimal homerism.

You ran into our best game of the season unfortunately. Granato finally has the team playing well. Not your best performance as well. Luckily, you guys didn’t need this one too bad. Best of luck in the playoffs. One one the few East teams I actually don’t hate.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think the only real positive out of tonight, aside from some help on the out-of-town scoreboard, was that Carlson and Orlov seem to be forming a real good pairing of late, which is a nice change from earlier this year when they had no chemistry.

The only problem with this of course is if Schultz plays as poorly as he did tonight then everything falls apart. I’m still not convinced about Schultz and tonight did nothing to ease my concerns.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I think the only real positive out of tonight was that Carlson and Orlov seem to be forming a real good pairing of late, which is a nice change from earlier this year when they had no chemistry.

The only problem with this of course is if Schultz plays as poorly as he did tonight then everything falls apart.
can we clone orlov? both carlson and schultz seem to be at their best with him, and at their worst with dillon.

Reactions: HecticGlow

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I have to say, reading through this a little, your guys’ board is pretty great. I laughed out loud a fews times. Minimal homerism.

You ran into our best game of the season unfortunately. Granato finally has the team playing well. Not your best performance as well. Luckily, you guys didn’t need this one too bad. Best of luck in the playoffs. One one the few East teams I actually don’t hate.

Congrats, that was a hard fought win and a highlight in a rebuild. Keep patient, Buffalo's time will come.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ah well. It is hard to go 8-0 against a team. Buffalo has pride and are playing for jobs next year. The Caps were just flat.

Nice to see Mantha get another goal, at least.

Good news is that the Isles lost in regulation and the Pens lost in a Bettmanout.

Caps will simply have to beat the Isles if they want to stay in first place.

Reactions: Coldplay619

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ah well. It is hard to go 8-0 against a team. Buffalo has pride and are playing for jobs next year. The Caps were just flat.

Nice to see Mantha get another goal, at least.

Good news is that the Isles lost in regulation and the Pens lost in a Bettmanout.

Caps will simply have to beat the Isles if they want to stay in first place.

At least we did it to NJ :).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Dillon is certainly the weak link in our top-4 right now. It’s a concern because he’s one of those guys you expect and need to step up in the playoffs and be a steady presence, but when he’s so consistently making mistakes and miscommunication in relatively low-pressure games you’ve gotta wonder how he’ll do in the postseason. He had a strong start to the season, very much hoping he can get back to that. Schultz too.

I know guys are generally against resting players, but I think Washington are one of the very, very few teams who’ve played the same 6 D guys night-in night-out for weeks during a contracted season, and I wonder if it’s taking it’s toll on them physically and/or mentally. Unfortunately we no longer have a fourth LHD on the roster, or cap space to call one up, so I don’t see Dillon, Chara or Orlov getting any games off for the rest of the season if everyone stays health. But there’s a decent argument Dillon and Chara could each use a game or two off, akin to a maintenance day.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Games like this I wonder "why are people insisting we protect Schultz or Dillon?"
Schultz still provides something IMO. He made some plays with the puck, tried to creat offense, tried to get involved other ways. If Dillon isn’t handling defensive assignments, then what is he doing? I was anti-Schultz in the off-season, but I would much rather protect 2 over 4

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Games like this I wonder "why are people insisting we protect Schultz or Dillon?"

I believe its pretty much Carlson and Orlov then the rest are expendable. If Seattle choose a dman Caps are lucky. All of Jensen, Dillon and Schultz are replaceable. I hope they make a spot for Fehervary or Alexeyev next year and if they arent ready for it after a decent chance, then trade for a top 4 dman. Nardella aswell looks interesting.

Its time to slowly start and integrate those players into the team and give them a chance.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island

Dillon...meh. Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it when he 'dotted' Shrek's eye(what seems like many moons ago!) and I believe he has cut back on his time in the sin bin, but he still strikes me as too inconsistent, seriously.

Schultz...meh and... meh... and a little more meh.

I look for consistency from the D, and it's not a strong suit for either of these guys in my opinion. I wish the Caps could do better for $4mil per year. Maybe some of it is due to the line juggling by Lavi, but I'm just not sold on either of these guys right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad