Buffalo Bills Talk -2017 (2-1-0)

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Defense looks good but boy did Siemian completely melt down. He looked awful.

There was a moment late in the second when the bills realized they could get pressure on him, and it was over at that point for the denver offense. He is not a good QB, especially under pressure. Gotta give the bills pass rush credit with that

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
awful call on von miller for faking to pick tyrod up. potentially wins the game on a nothing incident

actually it isn't

recently there has been a new rules change for taunting.

Taunting would be standing over a down player and pointing at them or doing what Miller did.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Last week is whatever, the Panthers are a nightmare matchup for a team that can't take their top off. We're much better suited to a team that's just good at LB - and most of them are pass rushers - than literally Ray Lewis 2.0 in LK.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
There was a moment late in the second when the bills realized they could get pressure on him, and it was over at that point for the denver offense. He is not a good QB, especially under pressure. Gotta give the bills pass rush credit with that
I think this is always a McDermott thing, and in this situation I believe we rotated DTs pretty frequently in the first half and then went Williams-Washington in basically every high leverage situation in the 2nd.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
actually it isn't

recently there has been a new rules change for taunting.

Taunting would be standing over a down player and pointing at them or doing what Miller did.

If Josh Normans bow and arrow is taunting, pretending to offer someone a hand to get up is taunting.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
If Josh Normans bow and arrow is taunting, pretending to offer someone a hand to get up is taunting.

Unless it’s two friends joking and laughing about it. I can totally see how it could come off as taunting, and the same series of events could very well be taunting. BUt here it was clearly two people having fun on the football field. Bad call, but we are due some of those

Last edited:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
The D is good enough to keep them in most games this year. I thought they were a 3 or 4 win team, but now I think they'll end up winning 6 or 7. It's too bad they're gonna waste another great defense because the offense is sub-par. They also might want to look at an extension for Gaines. The guy has been amazing. The entire secondary has been great.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Unless it’s two friends joking and laughing about it. I can totally see how it could come off as taunting, and the same series of events could very well be taunting. BUt here it was clearly two people having fun on the football field. Bad call, but we are due some of those

We can barely get NFL refs to know the difference in NCAA rules and NFL rules as seen in last year's New England game. Asking a ref to determine intent on something like that would be asking way too much. Call it like you see it.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We can barely get NFL refs to know the difference in NCAA rules and NFL rules as seen in last year's New England game. Asking a ref to determine intent on something like that would be asking way too much. Call it like you see it.

I’m not complaining about the call! I’ll take it every time haha. I think it was a mistake, but like I said, I 100% understand the call. Especially since doing that (non-jokingly) is absolutely taunting

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Great Watkins trade :clap:

EJ Gaines is really good, and really durable. It's not like he wasn't injured in practice....and then in both games he's played as a Bill.

Really hope a marginal #2/3 CB and a mid 2nd rounder was worth Watkins. ****ing idiot Beane. Heard he's dipping back into the Panthers organization to fill some extra Beer vendor openings :laugh:
Gaines play today makes this post all the more hiliarious.

I'm really hoping Hyde-Poyer-White-Gaines will be the foundation of our secondary for years to come. They haven't really been tested by a great quarterback yet, but they all have made strong plays on the ball game in and game out. Fingers crossed that they'll continue to develop into a strong group for the forseeable future.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
It's just weird that this team was one poor throw/great catch away from being 3-0 this season. And it's largely based on the defensive play of the Bills.

And I'm thankful for it. Cause it's largely muzzled the "whiner line" crybabies that were still whining over the 2 trades the Bills made.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Gaines play today makes this post all the more hiliarious.

I'm really hoping Hyde-Poyer-White-Gaines will be the foundation of our secondary for years to come. They haven't really been tested by a great quarterback yet, but they all have made strong plays on the ball game in and game out. Fingers crossed that they'll continue to develop into a strong group for the forseeable future.

Piggy backing the Gaines comment:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/buffalo_bills_ej_gaines_tyrod_taylor_earn_high_week_3_marks_from_pro_football_fo.amp

"Gaines' performance earned him the highest overall grade for the Bills from Pro Football Focus . The analytics site gave Gaines an 85.9 overall grade and referred to his performance as 'phenomenal.'

Gaines was phenomenal. He had 12 passes thrown into his coverage and yielded just four receptions for 39 yards, while also grabbing an interception. Gaines had multiple pass breakups in coverage and saw just an 8.7 passer rating when targeted."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad