Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I cant believe people are fine with Incognito. He is an type A personality. He is not just going to sit at his locker and be a good boy. The guy talked about picking off black people with a rifle and people think that will be ok in the locker room....will be interesting.

Lets see if he lowers or raises the quality of his teammates around him. My guess is if this guy does anything racist or aggressive its going to get messy.

There's more guys similar to him that you don't hear about because they aren't asked to be leaders in the locker room. What he did isn't ok, but I think it's less of a big deal in the locker room than most people think.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I hate how everything has to be an absolute. Everyone either loves it and thinks he's going to be a pro bowler or hates it and thinks he's not even starting quality.

It's honestly somewhere in the middle. He hasn't played in over a year so he probably won't be a world beater. He's also on the wrong side of 30. That said, he's been a starting quality guard his entire career, and a very very good one at times. He's absolutely one of the two best guards on the team. I'd put him in a similar boat as chris williams, that being a big unknown but "startable," depending on how good of shape he's in. I'd love for them to bring in one more guard, someone very good, and then let Ingotnito and Williams battle for the other spot.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I cant believe people are fine with Incognito. He is an type A personality. He is not just going to sit at his locker and be a good boy. The guy talked about picking off black people with a rifle and people think that will be ok in the locker room....will be interesting.

Lets see if he lowers or raises the quality of his teammates around him. My guess is if this guy does anything racist or aggressive its going to get messy.

What's wrong with being a Type A personality?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
There is only one person in the Dolphins locker room who didn't like Incognito... and there were plenty who didn't like Martin. Even the guys who Incognito was going to pick off with a rifle liked him.

Overblown reactions.

Theelcapiton

Feb 6, 2015
Brockport
This is the kind of signing that winners make. Your signing a player at a value below what his level of play would make him typically earn. Obviously he has character concerns, but if Erik Wood is on board with it I don't think there will be a problem. He puts us in a much stronger position on the offensive line, whether we use a high draft pick/sign a free agent or not.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
If this situation works out, they're basically getting talent at half-price. This allows them to use cap space and draft picks in other areas, like the other guard spot, Cameron, Igram, Revis, etc. Very low risk, semi-high reward.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
To whoever mentioned Hardy:

Case against him was dismissed. But he lost his job for almost all of last season. Just yet another example of how the collateral consequences of the criminal justice system can ruin lives. Now just imagine if he was poor and actually lost his job for a year and had no money saved up, just like our criminal justice system is doing to millions of Americans...

Sorry, soap box, getting off it, carry on.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
To whoever mentioned Hardy:

Case against him was dismissed. But he lost his job for almost all of last season. Just yet another example of how the collateral consequences of the criminal justice system can ruin lives. Now just imagine if he was poor and actually lost his job for a year and had no money saved up, just like our criminal justice system is doing to millions of Americans...

Sorry, soap box, getting off it, carry on.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...hardy-trial-opens-with-jury.html#.VNke0ebF98H

Though Murray’s office said it couldn’t locate Holder, her Facebook account left plenty of clues of her whereabouts. In December she traveled to Vail, Colo., to snowmobile. She shopped in Atlanta on Dec. 22, and the next day she was in Grand Central Station.

and....

Since November, efforts to contact Holder and serve her with a subpoena have been fruitless, Murray said, despite “extraordinary measures†that included police staking out the addresses where she was believed to be living and requests to relatives to have her come forward. Murray said that he understood Holder had reached an independent settlement with Hardy.

Given the circumstances, plenty of people are assuming that Hardy gave her that settlement with the understanding that she wouldn't help the DA.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
There is only one person in the Dolphins locker room who didn't like Incognito... and there were plenty who didn't like Martin. Even the guys who Incognito was going to pick off with a rifle liked him.

Overblown reactions.

Just because the locker room as a group supported Incognito doesn't mean every single person liked him. I do think it's funny when people talk about us having the players to "keep Incognito in line" though, because the reality is what Incognito was doing is what NFL lockerrooms consider "keeping a player in line"; he was "keeping Martin in line".

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
After 15 years I don't care what you've done. Can you help me win? Welcome to the team.

The ****ing patriots don't give a **** if you are Blount, a cheater, a murderer...and I don't anymore either.

Get me pittsburghs rapist QB and the child beater from Minnesota while we're at it.

Hardy, Petersen... If Hernandez beats the murder rap, he could fill the hole at TE. Be a hell of a team.

It would be kind of fun if the Bills went all Oakland Raiders and started collecting talented ******** . After 15 years, maybe it's time to raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hardy, Petersen... If Hernandez beats the murder rap, he could fill the hole at TE. Be a hell of a team.

It would be kind of fun if the Bills went all Oakland Raiders and started collecting talented ******** . After 15 years, maybe it's time to raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

In all seriousness, what Petersen did wouldn't disqualify him from the team for me. I don't know anything about the Hardy story. If Hernandez actually beat the rap and the Bills signed him, I would absolutely stop rooting for them.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Just because the locker room as a group supported Incognito doesn't mean every single person liked him. I do think it's funny when people talk about us having the players to "keep Incognito in line" though, because the reality is what Incognito was doing is what NFL lockerrooms consider "keeping a player in line"; he was "keeping Martin in line".

In the weeks after the story blew Armando Salguero asked every Dolphin about Richie and Martin ... he said he couldn't find one person in the locker room that had anything bad to say about Incognito ... but found plenty of complaints about Martin ..

Richie Incognito left Jonathan Martin a voice mail that, among other things, called Martin a "half-n----r." And Dolphins players of color, knowing of the voicemail, have expressed no problems with Incognito.

"I don't have a problem with Richie," Mike Wallace said. "I love Richie."

"I don't think Richie is a racist," cornerback Brent Grimes said.

"Richie Incognito isn't a racist," tight end Michael Egnew said.

ESPN analyst and former Dolphins wide receiver Cris Carter has know Mike Pouncey since the player's childhood. Today Carter said on air he recently spoke to Mike Pouncey and the center, who is Incognito's friend, addressed race.

"They don't feel as if he's a racist, they don't feel as if he picked on Jonathan repeatedly and bullied him, but if they could do it all over again there would be situations that they might change but they’re very, very comfortable with Richie,” Carter said.

“They think it’s sad, not only that Jonathan’s not on the football team, but also that Richie is being depicted as a bigot and as a racist.”

How is this possible?

Well, I've spoken to multiple people today about this and the explanation from all of them is that in the Dolphins locker room, Richie Incognito was considered a black guy. He was accepted by the black players. He was an honorary black man.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...considered-black-in-dolphins-locker-room.html

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
if a bunch of people share a ****** opinion that doesn't make it a good one

i'm sure the pouncey brothers are good judges of character with the #freeaaronhernandez **** on top of beating the **** out of people in a club

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't know which one is Schopp and which one is bulldog, but one of them is absolutely insufferable on WGR right now talking about Incognito

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Why not hire Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno didn't seem all that bothered by the behavior

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
if a bunch of people share a ****** opinion that doesn't make it a good one

i'm sure the pouncey brothers are good judges of character with the #freeaaronhernandez **** on top of beating the **** out of people in a club

This relates to him being a bad locker room guy or being a cancer whatever you want to call it. Nobody is saying it makes him a good guy or an angel ... it's up to each individual that comes into contact with him to make their own mind up .. not follow your particular criteria on how someone should act in a locker room.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This relates to him being a bad locker room guy or being a cancer whatever you want to call it. Nobody is saying it makes him a good guy or an angel ... it's up to each individual that comes into contact with him to make their own mind up .. not follow your particular criteria on how someone should act in a locker room.

it presumes all locker rooms are the same, which i think is a gross oversimplification

like brent grimes is straight up nuts, pouncey is a ********, etc

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
it presumes all locker rooms are the same, which i think is a gross oversimplification

like brent grimes is straight up nuts, pouncey is a ********, etc

Then I guess people should shelf their "he's bad for the locker room" argument then.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Then I guess people should shelf their "he's bad for the locker room" argument then.

yeah, it'd be more accurate to say "he contributed heavily to the major destabilization and shame of a franchise in the past"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad