Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
ow31haokm2xfitnylplh.jpg

Charles Davis: "A Good Draft for Offensive Line" (4:20)
One Bills Live Host Steve Tasker talks to NFL Draft analyst Charles Davis topics include; QB Josh Allen's development, Oklahoma QB Kyle Murray's potential of being drafted 1st overall, and what he thinks the Bills could be looking for at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Seeing as McBeane like the physical freaks if the Allen /Edmunds picks were anything to go by... Who should we watch out for at the combine? Metcalf ? Who else ?
This draft is loaded with them, but the high end ones that might be at 9 include Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver, and I think Metcalf will come out and run a great 40 time and with that physique It'll get scouts excited.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bryce Love meets with Eagles, Bills, Packers at NFL Combine

INDIANAPOLIS -- Bryce Love won't be working out with the rest of the running backs at the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday as he recovers from the ACL tear he suffered in Stanford's final regular-season game, but he expects to be ready to go by the middle of training camp.

"I'm far along," he said during a Thursday press conference. "Everybody says they're ahead of the game, but in my mind, I truly am. I feel great. I'm excited about where I am."

Love's stock seemed to be in decline even before the injury, as his production dipped after his Heisman runner-up season in 2017. However, he still ranks as the No. 5 running back in the draft, per NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks. As such, he'll be plenty busy meeting with clubs here in Indianapolis this week.

He said he's already had conversations with the Eagles, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Packers, and he lit up when asked about the possibility of joining LeSean McCoy in Buffalo.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Bryce Love meets with Eagles, Bills, Packers at NFL Combine

INDIANAPOLIS -- Bryce Love won't be working out with the rest of the running backs at the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday as he recovers from the ACL tear he suffered in Stanford's final regular-season game, but he expects to be ready to go by the middle of training camp.

"I'm far along," he said during a Thursday press conference. "Everybody says they're ahead of the game, but in my mind, I truly am. I feel great. I'm excited about where I am."

Love's stock seemed to be in decline even before the injury, as his production dipped after his Heisman runner-up season in 2017. However, he still ranks as the No. 5 running back in the draft, per NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks. As such, he'll be plenty busy meeting with clubs here in Indianapolis this week.

He said he's already had conversations with the Eagles, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Packers, and he lit up when asked about the possibility of joining LeSean McCoy in Buffalo.

If we draft Love, can we say were finding Love in all the right places, unlike the Patriots and their owner?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
What Bills GM Brandon Beane said about Alabama’s Jonah Williams, who’d be happy in Buffalo

By Matt Parrino | [email protected]

INDIANAPOLIS -- If the Buffalo Bills end up with who’s been considered the top offensive line prospect in this year’s draft at some point in April’s NFL draft it would have to be considered a massive upgrade to one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL in 2018.

Alabama left tackle Jonah Williams spoke to the media on Thursday on the first day of interviews at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine and said he’s met with the Bills and there is interest in coming to Buffalo for the standout blocker.

“(The Bills have a) Great coaching staff,” Williams said. “Obviously familiar with (offensive coordinator Brian) Daboll, being my OC two years ago (at Alabama). I’m not one to speculate on NFL team’s current situations, but I’d be happy to play for that team.”

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
What Bills GM Brandon Beane said about Alabama’s Jonah Williams, who’d be happy in Buffalo

By Matt Parrino | [email protected]

INDIANAPOLIS -- If the Buffalo Bills end up with who’s been considered the top offensive line prospect in this year’s draft at some point in April’s NFL draft it would have to be considered a massive upgrade to one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL in 2018.

Alabama left tackle Jonah Williams spoke to the media on Thursday on the first day of interviews at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine and said he’s met with the Bills and there is interest in coming to Buffalo for the standout blocker.

“(The Bills have a) Great coaching staff,” Williams said. “Obviously familiar with (offensive coordinator Brian) Daboll, being my OC two years ago (at Alabama). I’m not one to speculate on NFL team’s current situations, but I’d be happy to play for that team.”
What's not to like? Draft the guy.

With the next pick choose the fastest WR available, e.g. Marquise Brown.
C Mitch Morse and WR Adam Humphries are ideally signed already at this point, so the two biggest weaknesses on offense are all but fixed: Two deep-threat and two slot targets for Allen with Foster/Brown and Humphries/Jones. Two high quality additions for the o-line with Morse and Williams to protect Josh and get the run game going.
A Tight End in the mid to later rounds, a RB in free agency. Or vice versa.
Then invest what's left of your cap space in the defense.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
5 takeaways from Bills GM Brandon Beane at the NFL Combine

JSJo14hi

(WKBW) — With the NFL Scouting Combine well underway, for the second straight day an integral member of the Buffalo Bills organization met with the media in Indianapolis. And this time around, the spotlight shone on general manager Brandon Beane -- the man in full charge of a critical next two months.

As he made his way through his media tour on Thursday afternoon, he stopped for a brief one-on-one chat with 7ABC. Among the topics of conversation, free agency theory and how Beane defines his much-discussed usage of the word 'judicious' as it relates to spending in free agency.

Five takeaways from the one-on-one interview with Beane, which you can watch in full in the video above:

1) Judicious and prohibitive are not synonyms to Brandon Beane
2) The balance between 'in-play' and 'we're moving on' to the Bills
3) Beane's premium positions?
4) The conundrum that is needing an impact receiver
5) Beane: Slot receiver isn't solved

2019 NFL Combine: Brandon Beane Transcript

lk1x0SpE

By Matt Warren

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane met with the media from the 2019 NFL Combine in Indianapolis. He had a lot to say about the NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills’ coaching staff and free agents, and a lot more.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
10 takeaways from Sean McDermott at the NFL Combine

By: Nick Wojton

The 2019 NFL Combine is in full swing this week at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis this week. The Buffalo Bills are making the rounds with prospects, but also did so with the media.

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott spoke for the first time since the end of the regular season. After making his way around the circuit, here are the 10 biggest takeaways from everything McDermott said in Indiana:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
One-on-One with Bills GM Brandon Beane

SPECTRUM NEWS VIDEO: Jon Scott is in Indiana for the NFL Combine. There, he spoke one-one-on with Bills general manager Brandon Beane, who discussed what positions they’ll place an emphasis on this offseason, the importance of depth in the NFL, and why he believes more in “good football players” than specific “number one” wide receivers or tight ends.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL Combine winners/losers: Justice Hill puts on a (brief) show

Former NFL player and scout Bucky Brooks is spotlighting the prospects who make a mark -- for better or worse -- at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine. On Friday, the offensive linemen and running backs took the field at Lucas Oil Stadium. Here are Brooks' impressions from Indianapolis:

Winners
Garrett Bradbury, C, N.C. State: The N.C. State standout cemented his standing as a first-round pick with a spectacular showing on the turf. Bradbury lit up the combine with a 4.92-second 40-yard dash and wowed scouts with his excellent work in drills. From his superb balance and body control to his flawless footwork, Bradbury looks like a Pro Bowl-caliber center.

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida: The Florida star continues to impress as a "dancing bear" with A+ athleticism, movement skills, balance and body control. Taylor is not only a rugged edge blocker with the strength and power to move defenders, but he's nimble enough to be a premier pass protector on either side of the line. After impressing scouts with his footwork and lateral quickness on the Lucas Oil Stadium turf, he could see his stock rise.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Metcalf with a 4.33 40. :eek:

They'll be lucky if he even makes it to #9 now.
I knew he'd destroy the combine, but even that surprises me. I've warmed a bit on taking a guy like Metcalf at 9 provided he checks out medically and is actually available there. Harry ran just above a 4.5 which I thought was a real solid time for him. I don't think he makes it to our 2nd round pick now which is unfortunate. I liked a lot of the offensive lineman and echo the praise for Bradbury. Dillard looked great as well moving around. Super light feet. Tons of talent in this draft.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad