Buffalo Bills: 5-4, Chiefs Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
That makes no sense. Jets have a really good interior DL and a terrible secondary. To hell with running the ball. That'd be playing right into the Jets strength and the Bills weakness.

In the big picture based on their early performances you would be correct however the NFL is more of a week to week game and for the last two games RBs have averaged a little more than 4 yards per carry while Brady and Manning threw for a combined 498 yards on 70 pass attempts.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yes, if the things the Jets are best at is their weakness and the thing the Bills are worst at is their strength, then yes I'm positive we will win then. If those two things happen the entire Jets team would have collapsed in epic fashion at home. This games about the D-line being able to turn Geno into bad Geno. If that happens it stays a 1 score game till the end and I'll take Orton over Geno for 1 drive to win it all.

If that happens and the offense clicks it all Bills win a blowout.

Lets not be coy here, Bills are the favorites here. The problem is that this has huge trap game potential.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Lets not be coy here, Bills are the favorites here. The problem is that this has huge trap game potential.

while i agree the bills should be favored, they are inexplicably a 3 point dog. not sure being the home team should erase a 3 game difference between 2 teams. head scratcher for me.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Bills fans are overconfident about their very lucky 4-3 team. This won't end well.

they've actually not been all that lucky, they're on pace with their mean expected wins thus far and have strong dvoa in two facets of the game

basically with a bottom 5 offense, top 5 defense, and top 5 special teams thus far they're right about where they should be having played a few strong teams, a few middling teams, and one truly bad team

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It really sucks we couldn't beat the Texans. With Orton I think we definitely beat them. The Chargers/Pats were clearly better than us on those days.
Meh. If the offense plays like it did against the Lions and Vikings we don't beat the Texans either. The offense has not really been any better at all in any measureable way. The two best offensive games we've played this year have still been the Bears and Dolphins games, despite the red zone problems against Miami.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Meh. If the offense plays like it did against the Lions and Vikings we don't beat the Texans either. The offense has not really been any better at all in any measureable way. The two best offensive games we've played this year have still been the Bears and Dolphins games, despite the red zone problems against Miami.

Yards per game and play have improved iirc, I gotta disagree

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Yards per game have improved with Orton, but overall point output remain dismal. This is a bad offense.

Bills pythagorean is 3-4, but any unbiased observer knows how fortunate they were to win the Bears and Lions games.

I really hope the Bills can win the Jets game, just to keep the wild card dream alive. Loss here and we're done.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
literally every team is fortunate in close wins lol

Houston is fortunate they got an 80 yard pick six rather than points the other way to beat the Bills

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SammyWatkinsRookieofWeek-week-8.jpg

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Yards per game and play have improved iirc, I gotta disagree

Did some research. This analysis does not include meaningless drives (ie kneel downs to end a half/game or possessions in the last half of the last quarter when it's a 3 possession game or more *or when running into the line 3 times for no gain results in the expectation of a 3 possession game)

Also, turnovers within the first 3 plays count as a 3 and out, obviously TD's do not.

First 4 games: 44 drives, 1267 yards, 28.8yds/drive, 69* points, 1.57 points/drive, 13 3 and outs, 29.5% 3 and out ratio

Last 3 games: 38 drives, 1024 yards, 26.9 yds/drive, 56 points, 1.47 points/drive, 13 3 and outs, 34.2% 3 and out ratio

*Manuel's point total does not count the kick return for TD or the FG in the meaningless possession late against Miami.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Not having 4 turnovers would help... I thought they moved the ball really well against Minny but 4 turnovers will kill any and all momentum. They're going to give Orton some long rope for this game, as they should against a very bad secondary. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy have even more targets than last game.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not having 4 turnovers would help... I thought they moved the ball really well against Minny but 4 turnovers will kill any and all momentum. They're going to give Orton some long rope for this game, as they should against a very bad secondary. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy have even more targets than last game.

Kind of like a playoff game. This team would be dangerous in a best of 1. Speed is a big deal. Use it. Just throw the ball to Woods and Watkins and see what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad