Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Never change raiders x2.

Shocked jeudy and lamb went so low, wonder if the lack of live draft is hurting trade ups

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
i don't have the draft pick chart, but moving back 14 spots and losing the 5th year option in return for a 3rd rounder seems like bad value? i'm obviously biased here, but if i'm a pats fan i'm not thrilled.

edit: based on the chart on profootballreference, value is spot on.

i'd rather have a 1st and a 3rd than a 2nd and 2 3rds.

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
i don't have the draft pick chart, but moving back 14 spots and losing the 5th year option in return for a 3rd rounder seems like bad value? i'm obviously biased here, but if i'm a pats fan i'm not thrilled.

Especially since they had 3 thirds already.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
My main takeaway from the 1st round so far is that I’m really not looking forward to watching our defense struggle against Mekhi Becton twice a year for the next decade. Kid looks like a legit phenomenon.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't think we traded a 1st round pick this year for a WR that isn't a difference maker, and Diggs is absolutely a difference maker. He's a catch and run threat AND a home-run hitter. And he opens things up for our other home-run hitter.

Unless one of the better RB falls to us at 54, I don't think we're getting a difference maker. And even if one of them did fall, I'm not sure we'd take him. The organization seems super high on Singletary and I think is looking for a more complementary back. If I'm a betting man, 54 is going to be a pick on defense. Either an edge rusher or a super-flexible joker LB/S/CB type. I know we just extended Poyer, but we could certainly use a long-term cheap upgrade at CB2 or maybe even in Hyde's spot. Wouldn't absolutely shock me to see a flexible O-lineman at 54 either.
Diggs is absolutely a difference maker.

One is not enough.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

It will be interesting if the Belicheck “always trade down” approach works when you don’t have Tom Brady to make up for holes in your roster.

Spoiler, I don’t believe it does.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Love the Queen pick for my Ravens. Guys super explosive. Not even 21. Like Michael Phelps said, first thing you do... Call up that boss dog Ray Lewis and let him mentor you through his experience.

Reactions: TalkingProuder

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My main takeaway from the 1st round so far is that I’m really not looking forward to watching our defense struggle against Mekhi Becton twice a year for the next decade. Kid looks like a legit phenomenon.
He has a lot of flaws too. All the physical tools, but has questionable work ethic and failed a drug test. Also, is a very raw prospect in general. Boom or bust pick.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Onry

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Overall a pretty good night for Buffalo. Players available at 22 more or less vindicated the Diggs trade. 4 QBs taken and 1 horrid reach (Brooks) pushing good players towards our picks. Division rivals didn't add much (Jackson not in my top-100 players, Igbinoghene a player I kind of wanted... at 54, Becton probably the worst and riskiest of the top 4 OT).

Only thing that really went wrong was Miami getting Tua without trading up.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Yep, I'm gonna pat myself on the back for calling this one in January :DD

Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

upload_2020-4-24_9-18-4.png

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Love the Queen pick for my Ravens. Guys super explosive. Not even 21. Like Michael Phelps said, first thing you do... Call up that boss dog Ray Lewis and let him mentor you through his experience.

Yes, it's annoying watching teams like the Ravens and Chiefs just grab players after watching other teams reach badly in front of them. Austin Jackson for Miami was brain dead drafting.

Queen could just be another Pro Bowler for the Ravens. CEH on the Chiefs is unfair.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
My next best players remaining: Fulton, YGM, McKinney, Mims, J Johnson, Diggs, Baun, Shenault, Lewis, Uche, Swift, Taylor.

My takes:

Dobbins is above Taylor & maybe even Swift. A little surprised Swift didn't go R1 though.

Higgins & Hamler should be with those other WRs. A little surprised Mims didn't go R1.

Jones & Cleveland should definately be in there. I thought both would go before Jackson & Wilson. Thought Jones was a lock to go R1. Cushenberry should be in there too - clear #2 IOL after Ruiz.

YGM is the biggest 'surprised he's still there' guy. I think Lewis will fall because of injury concerns. A lot of the better EDGE players this year seem better 34 OLB fits imo.

Blacklock should be in there for IDL although this is probably the least of the Bills needs.

I don't think Brooks was that much of a reach. There's not much at MLB after the guys already gone.

Slightly surprised a safety didn't go R1. I'd add Winfield to the group along with McKinney.

Surprised Fulton/Diggs didn't go R1 but as I said corner is such a scheme/role dependant position.

Shenault is still the guy I want most. After him it's still Dobbins.

Defensively my preference is YGM but I expect him to go early. After him it's probably Winfield. But I think there are players who can fill that role who should be there in R3.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Ideal targets for all 32 NFL teams on Day 2 of the 2020 NFL Draft | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

BUFFALO BILLS – CB CAMERON DANTZLER, MISSISSIPPI STATE

First-round pick: None
Day 2 picks: 54, 86
Team needs: RG, CB, RB
Buffalo fans, before you go losing your mind about this, just know this is a great depth add. Dantzler may have relatively poor speed and length, but he shut down SEC receivers in press coverage. Dantzler logged 278 press snaps in his career and allowed just a 23.9% catch rate (11 of 46) with more forced incompletions (13) than first downs given up (seven). Reminder, he did this against the SEC. Cornerback is the most valuable position on the field, and considering how solid the Bills' roster already is, they should continue to build depth at the positions that matter.

I love the disclaimer to start.

:laugh:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The draft went........interestingly for us last night.

Tons of EDGE players left as a bunch of CBs went that I didn't see going in the first.

Still got the 2 "big nickel" guys in Chinn and Dugger.

I don't think any of the guys I'd even consider at RB get to us (Swift, Dobbins, Taylor). A bunch of teams ahead of us could use a RB (Coltsx2, Lions, Phins, Bucs, Falcons, Steelers).

I'm pretty sure the BPAs available to us at 54 will be a slipping pass-rusher or one of the big nickel guys, with an outside shot of a guy like Blacklock or Delpit.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
A couple of mocks from The Athletic:

Brugler has has getting CB Kristian Fulton at 54 and EDGE Darrell Taylor at 86.
Joe B has us with Dugger and WR Bryan Edwards at 86.

Personally I like Joe B's players better, but I wouldn't be upset with Brugler's players either. Fulton and Taylor both have substantial upside and they can learn a year from some vets.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
My takes:

Dobbins is above Taylor & maybe even Swift. A little surprised Swift didn't go R1 though.

Higgins & Hamler should be with those other WRs. A little surprised Mims didn't go R1.

Jones & Cleveland should definately be in there. I thought both would go before Jackson & Wilson. Thought Jones was a lock to go R1. Cushenberry should be in there too - clear #2 IOL after Ruiz.

YGM is the biggest 'surprised he's still there' guy. I think Lewis will fall because of injury concerns. A lot of the better EDGE players this year seem better 34 OLB fits imo.

Blacklock should be in there for IDL although this is probably the least of the Bills needs.

I don't think Brooks was that much of a reach. There's not much at MLB after the guys already gone.

Slightly surprised a safety didn't go R1. I'd add Winfield to the group along with McKinney.

Surprised Fulton/Diggs didn't go R1 but as I said corner is such a scheme/role dependant position.

Shenault is still the guy I want most. After him it's still Dobbins.

Defensively my preference is YGM but I expect him to go early. After him it's probably Winfield. But I think there are players who can fill that role who should be there in R3.

Dobbins is my RB5 but I'd be fine with him. I don't think Higgins or Hamler are on Mims' level but I do have them on the level of Reagor and Aiyuk, who have already been picked. Blacklock is probably my worst-case BPA since even I think there is a limit in terms of not-needed positions.

My top-5 remaining are Fulton, YGM, McKinney, Mims, J Johnson. I expect all to be gone pretty quickly though. Some more realistic picks if we stay at 54: Lewis, Baun, Uche, Shenault, Hamler, Higgins, Taylor, Swift, Akers, Dobbins.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
joe b has totally convinced me on dugger. i also like the background of this kid, strong family, worked his way up as a top prospect without receiving any DI offers, great work ethic. there's a whole mystique to this type of player, especially coming from DII school, that has me intrigued.

also intrigued by shenault if the medicals are ok, can slot all over the field and is electric with the ball.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Shenault remains one of my favorite players in the draft and if he fell to us I’d want them to sprint to the virtual podium.

Other offense guys I’d be happy with include Mims, Higgins, and any of the three RBs. Claypool is an interesting idea too.

On defense, Dugger and Chin intrigue the hell out of me for that big nicks role. The pass rushers Don’t really excite me much though I understand they’d be great value. Really don’t want an outside corner. Winfield Jr. would be fun just because of who his dad is.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Shenault remains one of my favorite players in the draft and if he fell to us I’d want them to sprint to the virtual podium.

Other offense guys I’d be happy with include Mims, Higgins, and any of the three RBs. Claypool is an interesting idea too.

On defense, Dugger and Chin intrigue the hell out of me for that big nicks role. The pass rushers Don’t really excite me much though I understand they’d be great value. Really don’t want an outside corner. Winfield Jr. would be fun just because of who his dad is.

Dugger would be such an unexciting pick as well though imo.

I'd prefer Winfield, or as said just fill the position later. I like Kvon Wallace who should be there R3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad