Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo at B's 7 PM 12-21-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
all goalies look worse when the team in front of them can't score goals.

Rask is the least of my worries about this team. Their real problem is that they don't have a first line RW.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When I Watch Bruins/Habs games it's like watching the same game over and over again. Call me a homer but to me,just about every game is influenced by the zebras.Many here chalk it up to the Habs getting in the Bruins heads, I honestly think the only thing in the Bruins heads are the refs.

Could be true too.I was Bruins coach i be having my team vs habs steady get centre high slow dump ins to turn d around.Get in and hammer Markov n other Russisns steady.That takes away habs transition game too.Montreal loves when Bruins try to carry pucks.If your beating me your gonna do it whole length of ice.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Rask had a 1-0 shutout in game 4, and a 4-2 win in game 5. 2 allowed goals in those 2 games and gave the Bruins not one, but 2 chances to clinch in games 6 and 7. The Bruins then put up one total goal in the final 2 games.

But hey let's re-write history and blame Rask for the loss to the Habs.

Hum, so we switched from save % and GAA to individual games ,why is that? All the games count , not just the ones when he does well.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dude, I have forever struggled to find the words to describe my hate for the Habs, there are no words for it. I hate the Habs, the fan base, the Montréal media....let's stop there it could be a long night.

It will probably take years off of my life.

It must be hard living in Montreal as a Bruins fan.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I disagree that he's been that bad. I have an issue with a few of the goals he's let in, particularly lately but overall Rask has been doing his job out there. He's the only one on the entire team who gives a big effort for 3 periods. He's had to make more big saves this season so far to keep the games close and give this team a chance to get points than he probably has the last few seasons combined.

This is not an easy team to play for right now. Inconsistent from period to period, large stretches where he's hung out to dry. Knowing there is no room for error because the team can't score. No matter how many time a goal gets scored with the opposition right on top of him we just can't figure out how to clear the crease. On my list of who to blame for why this team looks awful out there, Rask is so far down.

Price is probably playing the best hockey of his career this season. But Montreal have played good, consistent hockey as well, or at least when I've watched them. Both things working together give a greater chance for long term success than just Price stealing hockey games left and right which is not sustainable.

--------------
I'm not saying he was that bad. My thoughts is that he has not been elite, not a game difference player.

I'm not saying he is bad, nor not playing like a first goaltender. I'm saying he is not Raskesque way and surely not playing at an elite way either. Boston can be a top tier with an elite keeper. Without, they are not.

Boston is a defensive minded team. To succeed they need Rask to play better, that is what i'm saying.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
When I Watch Bruins/Habs games it's like watching the same game over and over again. Call me a homer but to me,just about every game is influenced by the zebras.Many here chalk it up to the Habs getting in the Bruins heads, I honestly think the only thing in the Bruins heads are the refs.

To me, that's been a constant theme for many decades, but I better be careful.....the ref police may be watching.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
all goalies look worse when the team in front of them can't score goals.

Rask is the least of my worries about this team. Their real problem is that they don't have a first line RW.

------
I agree on some part but I disagree on the Rask part.

They need a right winger.
Chemistry between the newcomers and the core seems to be a problem.
There is some other issue but right now....

Rask is an issue and my main concern. He needs to be a 7 000 000$ keeper and that is the best in the NHL which he is not right now to allow Boston being a top tier team.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Nobody said Rask needs a shutout every night.

Rask is a damn good goalie, but I for one don't think he's worth 7 mil, although I could be wrong.

Until he steps up his game against the habs, I will not be satisfied with him as the Bruin's $7,000,000 goalie.

Do you realize that the ENTIRE team plays like horse **** against the Habs, and it's not just Rask? ****, even Svedberg didn't play well against them earlier this year.

Yes, his record is very poor against them. But don't act like he's the sole problem against them.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Not so sure about that. I'm pretty sure Crosby and Malkin still see Rask when they close their eyes.

Sure he played great in that series but the whole team in front of him played great too - so I wouldn't quite say that is stealing a series.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Dude, I have forever struggled to find the words to describe my hate for the Habs, there are no words for it. I hate the Habs, the fan base, the Montréal media....let's stop there it could be a long night.

It will probably take years off of my life.

Well, if I could describe my hate, it'd go like this (and I've said this to Habs friends of mine): If the Habs went without a Stanley Cup for 1,000 years, I'd want them to go for 1,001

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Do you realize that the ENTIRE team plays like horse **** against the Habs, and it's not just Rask? ****, even Svedberg didn't play well against them earlier this year.

Yes, his record is very poor against them. But don't act like he's the sole problem against them.

Look for answer in post 1088.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad