Proposal: Buffalo and Islanders

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
So what would it take for say just Myers to Isles?

There's not gonna be a deal for Myers that satisfies both sides. He's not untouchable but he's our best player. After recent deals the Islanders shouldn't be in the business of giving up more young players/prospects, which is what it'd take.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
To Islanders:

Tyler Myers,
Jonas Enroth

To Buffalo:

Brock Nelson,
(Michael Grabner or Scott Mayfield),
(Chad Johnson or Kevin Poulin)

Thoughts?
I don't think you can trade a couple of 3rd liners for a top-pairing D. :)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I don't think you can trade a couple of 3rd liners for a top-pairing D. :)

Brock Nelson would immediately be our best forward. Many people here say they would trade Myers for ROR if it weren't for his contract issues. Well, Nelson is better than RoR and doesn't have the contract issues.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Brock Nelson would immediately be our best forward. Many people here say they would trade Myers for ROR if it weren't for his contract issues. Well, Nelson is better than RoR and doesn't have the contract issues.

So you would trade Ennis for him?
(Because you wouldn't last year)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So you would trade Ennis for him?
(Because you wouldn't last year)

Why would I trade our best forward for Nelson? You are just spinning your tires. The point of getting another forward is so they can support each other.

Nelson probably has slightly higher value than Ennis, and no, last year I wouldn't have said that. Nelson has come a long way though.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Why would I trade our best forward for Nelson? You are just spinning your tires. The point of getting another forward is so they can support each other.

Nelson probably has slightly higher value than Ennis, and no, last year I wouldn't have said that. Nelson has come a long way though.

You just said Nelson would be our best forward.

Yes, Nelson has come a ways... Some of us are better at projecting that.

Maybe we can revisit your "Pysyk = Nelson, but I'd rather just keep Pysyk"

Good eye... You weren't willing to trade Pysyk for him, but now you're willing to trade Myers for him. Nice armchair GM'ing

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
You just said Nelson would be our best forward.

Yes, Nelson has come a ways... Some of us are better at projecting that.

Maybe we can revisit your "Pysyk = Nelson, but I'd rather just keep Pysyk"

Good eye... You weren't willing to trade Pysyk for him, but now you're willing to trade Myers for him. Nice armchair GM'ing

Some people think Pysyk > Myers, and in the future, I'm not sure I disagree.

As for the bolded, I hope you aren't talking about yourself. I think we all know how it's turned out for you.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Didn't say that, but there is some merit to it. I'm not going to completely dismiss it. All I said was that there are some people that think Pysyk > Myers, which is true.

I know you didn't, you attempted to dodge via the tried and true journalistic faux pas of "some people say..."

Ultimately, Brock Nelson is just another in a long line of young players who you were incapable of recognizing until they box scored it in the NHL for you.

And it's fine for you to take Coller's opinion, it's clear that's generally how you get your opinions.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
I don't value Tyler Myers anywhere near as much as some people do. I think he's likely a 2nd pairing guy at best on a cup contending team and with his salary I'd still far prefer moving him to keeping him.

I don't think Pysyk is better now, but I think he probably will be.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I know you didn't, you attempted to dodge via the tried and true journalistic faux pas of "some people say..."

Ultimately, Brock Nelson is just another in a long line of young players who you were incapable of recognizing until they box scored it in the NHL for you.

And it's fine for you to take Coller's opinion, it's clear that's generally how you get your opinions.

Cody Hodgson, Sam Gagner, Mike Weber, Derrick Brassard, etc., etc... You are no one to talk. But I enjoy the lengths you go to discredit me. It obviously really bugs you that you've been proven wrong on a number of our more intense debates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad