Speculation: Buffalo among four teams speculated by THN that could have interest in Evander Kane

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As always, depends on the cost. A player that would matter quite a bit.

Really misleading thread title. I don't think THN really said anything worth quoting.

Agreed with both of these posts. It seems like simple speculation by THN based on the available cap number for teams rather than by specific need, desire and such. And that said, if Buffalo would make that play, it would cost them.

As others have said, it seems unlikely that Buffalo would be in a position to make this sort of deal right now because of the uncertainty about their own (and the Isles) pick this coming year. They certainly have the prospect horses to get into this sort of bidding, even if it would be players who fans may not want to put into the mix like Ristolainen or Zadorov or Compher, etc....

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Would E. Kane be a fit?

While some will say his attitude is a hindrance, he certainly brings everything TM is looking for, speed and heavy hockey. I think he fits the exact mold of the type of wingers we are in need of. I have to believe Ted Nolan could guide him and help turn him into a pro. I think I take a shot at him and would do the deal spoken about on WGR today, hodgson, myers and Blues 2015 #1 for Kane and Bogasian.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
There's nothing wrong with the timing. Kane is younger than Myers. It's not like giving up futures to get a prime-aged player.

I agree completely. If the deal is there you take it, he most likely will not be available next year. The thing that would stop me from moving Myers in a deal for Kane would be if there was any chance of getting ROR and for that you would need Myers.

ZeroPT*

I agree completely. If the deal is there you take it, he most likely will not be available next year. The thing that would stop me from moving Myers in a deal for Kane would be if there was any chance of getting ROR and for that you would need Myers.

Every summer there's one or two or even three guys available via trade like Kane.

Seguin last year comes to mind.

Bps21*

I'd like to know roughly the estimate of the cost...but I am definitely interested.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'd like to know roughly the estimate of the cost...but I am definitely interested.

Listened to Hockey Hotline this morning, Petey put out a package deal for Kane, Bogasain for Myers, Hodgson and either both 2nd rounders in 15 or St. Louis 1st rounder.

Don't know if that is actually fair value, but I'd consider it for sure.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Listened to Hockey Hotline this morning, Petey put out a package deal for Kane, Bogasain for Myers, Hodgson and either both 2nd rounders in 15 or St. Louis 1st rounder.

Don't know if that is actually fair value, but I'd consider it for sure.

I don't think the Jets go for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad