Confirmed Trade: [BUF/STL] Anders Nilsson for a 2017 5th

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
0724191001422470435_filepicker.jpg

Is Murray happy, angry, sad, or in love in this picture? I can't tell.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Zatkoff would have probably gotten more playing time in Buffalo over Los Angeles.

Heh, I thought Ullmark would get the chance.

Ullmark is definitely capable, but it's much better for his development to be the #1 down in Rocehster (AHL) than to get a game here or there as a backup for the Sabres. I'm glad to see Tim Murray feels the same as I do about this.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
So now Buffalo has three goalies under contract, all Swedes. Lehner, Nilsson, Ullmark.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
blues got him for a 5th and got another 5th in return--Blues should finish a head of the Sabres bu maybe 5 spots--so for a 4 month investment they move up about 5 spots

GoPuckYourself

Jun 29, 2016
Not sure if this is true or not but i was surfing the net and found this trade on one of the websites, it said Nilsson will backup Lehner, Ullmark will play the season out in the AHL giving him much valuable experience and this way the Sabres can protect Lehner in the expansion draft and not worry about losing either Ullmark/Lehner.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure if this is true or not but i was surfing the net and found this trade on one of the websites, it said Nilsson will backup Lehner, Ullmark will play the season out in the AHL giving him much valuable experience and this way the Sabres can protect Lehner in the expansion draft and not worry about losing either Ullmark/Lehner.

No, that's pretty much it. Ullmark needs a lot of work.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

There will be better goalies available than Ullmark, not really worried about losing him.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
When he's playing well he can be an adequate back-up.

When he's playing well can probably be a adequate starter. He played pretty decent for the Oilers but hit a rough skid. I thought the Oilers should have kept him.
I'd say it's a smart pick up by Buffalo for the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad