Confirmed Trade: [BUF/STL] Anders Nilsson for a 2017 5th

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
completely reasonable price to pay for a goalie. Must have been Buffalo's assistant GM who made the deal.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
giphy.gif

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
For those of you don't know why this trade needed to be made:

Murray stated in an interview that he had a goalie that had committed to the Sabres and then reneged. Said it never had happened to him before. He didn't mention who it was, but based on other comments, we figured out that it was Jeff Zatkoff. So we had to trade for a backup. Kinda weird...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
For those of you don't know why this trade needed to be made:

Murray stated in an interview that he had a goalie that had committed to the Sabres and then reneged. Said it never had happened to him before. He didn't mention who it was, but based on other comments, we figured out that it was Jeff Zatkoff. So we had to trade for a backup. Kinda weird...

Yeah.

He reneged for like 50K more :laugh:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Zatkoff would have probably gotten more playing time in Buffalo over Los Angeles.

Heh, I thought Ullmark would get the chance.

Actually Ullmark is entering his 3rd yr...you want him playing the main starter in rochester then the primary call up starter to replace an I jure Lehner while Niles son is mainly the back up.

Kasdorf gets called up if it's for a backup role on the team.

Unless Ullmark hits waiver free game total I expect him to be in rochester in 17/18 too. Peterson could join the club in 17/18 from notre dame.

Also having Ullmark in the AHL might hide him from the expansion draft.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Zatkoff would have probably gotten more playing time in Buffalo over Los Angeles.

Heh, I thought Ullmark would get the chance.

Nah, he'll be getting starts in the AHL. Kid needs time still.

Anyway, I guess there's our backup. Hopefully Lehner can stay healthy this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad