Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres sign Alex Nylander to ELC

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Unfortunate he's going to spend his career under his brothers shadow, but congrats on the contract!!

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
This. Don't think it has the potential to be anywhere near as good as William's. William's hair ceiling is top 5 in the league imo whereas Alex's will be mayyyybe top 50 if he really works on it.

I'm afraid i got some bad news for you..:sarcasm:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Theyll both be solid nhl players. Looking forward to the rivalry

Both of them are too soft to be real stars but they're nice secondary pieces. It'll be interesting to see if Sabres give the younger one a nine-game tryout.

I'd send him back to Sweden. He'll get butchered in the AHL, meat head league

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Really looking forward to the Nylander brothers playing each other as well as the Eichel Matthews battles that will ensue for the next several years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I guess he impressed more then the fans at prospect camp. Before camp everything I read was saying he needs another year and will probably go back to Sweden, so I assumed he wouldn't sign his ELC yet. Hopefully this means he starts the year in the AHL and gets worked into the roster over the season. Maybe take Ennis' spot if he's not traded.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Signing the ELC has zero bearing on where he plays next year. If they want him in Sweden then he'll be in Sweden. His contract slides this year as long as he doesn't play 10 NHL games anyway.

They'll likely send him to the AHL because that's the best place for him...but they could send him to Sweden of back to the OHL...though there's just no chance they send him back to the OHL unless he literally forgets how to skate by training camp.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This. Don't think it has the potential to be anywhere near as good as William's. William's hair ceiling is top 5 in the league imo whereas Alex's will be mayyyybe top 50 if he really works on it.

Getlaf's hair was easily top 5 when he was drafted:

th

But it busted hard:

th

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Signing the ELC has zero bearing on where he plays next year. If they want him in Sweden then he'll be in Sweden. His contract slides this year as long as he doesn't play 10 NHL games anyway.

They'll likely send him to the AHL because that's the best place for him...but they could send him to Sweden of back to the OHL...though there's just no chance they send him back to the OHL unless he literally forgets how to skate by training camp.

But, Nylander reportedly has some control as there is a clause that if he isn't in the NHL he goes back to Rogle.

But, I think Ristolainen had something similar and waived it to go to Rochester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad