GDT: BUF @ PITT, 7:30 p.m. TV: MSG, ESPN +

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Again, if you are already cashing out against a team like Pittsburgh, this team is far from where we want them to be. Pittsburgh is far from some juggernaut.
Its less they are a juggernaut and more we haven't been playing well, 2nd of a B2B, significant injuries, Wes McCauley is reffing, etc. We just have a lot going against us tonight.

So I predict 5-1 Sabres obvi.

Reactions: newfiejesus

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
7D? Yuck. It worked against the Leafs, I suppose.

If Sammy is back.........allows us to ease him back in (primarily PK, some 5v5), still play Johnson a bunch 5v5 and maybe even ease Johnson and Clifton's minutes some (primarily PK for those 2, some 5v5).

We only have to replace the 3 min of ice time that Savoie gave us last night.

I'm intrigued by going 11/7. Especially if forward 12 would only be used 3-5 min anyways.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If Sammy is back.........allows us to ease him back in (primarily PK, some 5v5), still play Johnson a bunch 5v5 and maybe even ease Johnson and Clifton's minutes some (primarily PK for those 2, some 5v5).

We only have to replace the 3 min of ice time that Savoie gave us last night.

I'm intrigued by going 11/7. Especially if forward 12 would only be used 3-5 min anyways.
Good point!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
My Direct TV earlier showed the Isles as the MSG game tonight. Search begins now... Edit: I will indeed see it on MSG.

My "mission essential task list" hierarchy for tonight:
1. Win
2. No major injuries.
3. Crosby doesn't get an opportunity for a makeup penalty call / plea to the refs.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Been way too many times over the past 13 years where the Pens and Crosby were off to a slow start for the season… until they played the Sabres.

Don’t be the team that jumps starts the Pens season for the umpteenth time…. again.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Feeling stupidly confident about our chances tonight. 5-2 Sabres.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Dear Sabres,

I have dealt with a house full (with a few hours at the trampoline park) of 9/10 year old girls since 11am this morning. I am now down to just one extra kid that is spending the night and can relax. Please don't make me watch crappy hockey tonight.

Sincerely,
Burnt Out Dad

:laugh:
Did you at least get to try the trampolines too?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I advocate for going 11-7. Bench Krebs. Play EJ only on the PK and limited ES minutes. They’re going to spend half the game on the PK against the whiner anyway,
No part of my plan involved Olofsson in.

I will not accept punishment for this

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’ve never seen a player with a longer leash than Olofsson. Yeah, he’s been useless in every game he’s played so far and is such a black hole that he inevitably gets benched for almost the entire third period when he rotates in, but let’s give it another shot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad