GDT: BUF @ PHI 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Can they win two in a row? Please?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Mitts is one and Greenway is the other. It would be nice if they could find someone who is regularly smart defensively to add to that mix who can stick in the lineup.
Tuch should be another, but he needs to get his head out of his ass first.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'd rather get 2 points. Toronto is one of the few teams in the league that can still outscore us if we're playing well.

We're not directly competing with Toronto this year.
Are you implying Levi gives us a better chance at 2 points against the Leafs right now?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Are you implying Levi gives us a better chance at 2 points against the Leafs right now?
UPL gives us a better chance at taking 2 points from the Flyers....which is the 2 points we NEED to get. Can't lose too many points against teams worse than us.

The 2 points from Toronto aren't nearly as needed.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
So does Cozens being demoted to the 4th line tonight light a fire under his ass or no?

On a team with loads of disappointing players early in the season, I'd have to label him the biggest.

Reactions: Sound_n_Fury

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I take the opposite opinion with goalie Friday, it should be Levi if he is healthy and ready to play

Stay ahead of the rest for your goalies don't wait to long. Earlier this season thought they should have gave comrie/upl the third game of the year but instead went with Levi

Levi Friday then right back to riding upl for more games

Reactions: MOGlLNY

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
UPL gives us a better chance at taking 2 points from the Flyers....which is the 2 points we NEED to get. Can't lose too many points against teams worse than us.

The 2 points from Toronto aren't nearly as needed.
I see your logic, just not sure I agree with it.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There are really three schools of thought:

1) Play your starter on the second night, figuring your guys will be more tired and need your goalie to steal the points
2) Play your starter against the harder team, figuring you need the better performance that night
3) Play your starter against the weaker team, trying to ensure the two points and essentially punting the other game with your backup

We could argue ourselves silly over which route to take, and there are certainly arguments for each way, so I say, just ask UPL which game he wants and give that one to him and Levi gets the other.

Reactions: Paxon

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Reaching and getting penalties in the offensive zone. Not putting the puck deep along the wall. Making soft, intercepted passes at both bluelines. It's not just his skating, it's that he's not making good decisions and it's so evident.
How do you tell your captain to declare a “time out” from playing? He’s not helping the team on the ice.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
There are really three schools of thought:

1) Play your starter on the second night, figuring your guys will be more tired and need your goalie to steal the points
2) Play your starter against the harder team, figuring you need the better performance that night
3) Play your starter against the weaker team, trying to ensure the two points and essentially punting the other game with your backup

We could argue ourselves silly over which route to take, and there are certainly arguments for each way, so I say, just ask UPL which game he wants and give that one to him and Levi gets the other.
Who's our starter?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
How do you tell your captain to declare a “time out” from playing? He’s not helping the team on the ice.
I stated it earlier but the Sabres scored soon after.

Okposo is on target for his 1000th game to be against Boston in a couple of weeks. Just before the team goes on a road trip.

No way he sits and causes his milestone game to be on the road.

He's in the lineup for at least 6 more games.

EDIT: To be clear, no way Granato sits him.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I stated it earlier but the Sabres scored soon after.

Okposo is on target for his 1000th game to be against Boston in a couple of weeks. Just before the team goes on a road trip.

No way he sits and causes his milestone game to be on the road.

He's in the lineup for at least 6 more games.

EDIT: To be clear, no way Granato sits him.
I did see your post. After that 1000th game, does he do the “right” thing for the team?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I did see your post. After that 1000th game, dies he do the “right” thing for the team?
Dies? No. LOL

But yes, I think after that milestone he'll start taking some games off.

I also think Eric Johnson will begin getting a few off here and there as well. EJ is playing great but they need him all season long so no use wearing him out.

• Haha
Reactions: oldgoalie

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'd like to be able to say "good teams win games they shouldn't", but it was really UPL being solid and Philly's ineptitude.
Good teams often win games when they are having a bad night because their goalie stands on his head. We said it all last year, we needed a goalie who could cover for us when we shit the bed.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Dies? No. LOL

But yes, I think after that milestone he'll start taking some games off.

I also think Eric Johnson will begin getting a few off here and there as well. EJ is playing great but they need him all season long so no use wearing him out.
I think they'll run EJ until they have confidence in a 7th. DG showed tonight that it's not Bryson. I don't know if any Amerks D looked good tonight either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad