GDT: BUF @ PHI 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Can they win two in a row? Please?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Going to the Flyers board, they're tanking I guess. To get rid of Torts? Another high pick? 2 birds with 1 stone? Weird. I thought they looked surprisingly better out of the gate.

I think the fans WANT them to tank. Torts and the players aren't "cooperating" with that desire. Danny hasn't stripped their roster enough to really tank properly.....and Torts has a habit of getting a LOT out of the players like the type that litter the roster (IE, tryhards/high work ethic).
To me, Torts is the human embodiment of the Yin / Yang symbol.

Reactions: joshjull

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think the fans WANT them to tank. Torts and the players aren't "cooperating" with that desire. Danny hasn't stripped their roster enough to really tank properly.....and Torts has a habit of getting a LOT out of the players like the type that litter the roster (IE, tryhards/high work ethic).
He was the absolute worst guy they could've hired to accomplish what they need to accomplish (bottom out) ala us hiring Ted Nolan.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Screenshot_20231101_163247_Gmail.jpg

I guess we're facing Philly Devils tonight...

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I feel like it's a good thing this one is on the road. This team has really struggled to do well at home after any extended time off. Even if it was only an extra 2.5 days between game days.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Thought Tuch was pretty good last game. Looking for him to stand out tonight.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I think the lineup will do well tonight. Very smart of Granato to remove Olofsson from the equation and go with a harder skating lineup. This should allow us to match up well with the Flyers intensity/Torts style of play. They've got to find a way in these games. One dang win against Philly last year would've got us in, can't let it happen again.
where you got that info from?
from the last practice it looks like VO in and Jost as an extra.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
To me, Torts is the human embodiment of the Yin / Yang symbol.
So, Harvey Dent?

I'm anticipating some serious home cookin' in this one by battery-allegic refs. At least on the back half of the home-and-home the Sabres will... oh, nevermind, they get screwed there too.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe it’s just me but if you don’t trust Olofsson enough to play to the point you’re calling up Brandon Biro…maybe you should just waive him to free up the NHL roster spot.

Then again…I watch the Amerks and don’t want to see him there either…so I guess just send him home until the season ends.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Just win, baby. It's time to start stacking dubs. If they play like the last 50 minutes of the Colorado game, it's gonna be tough for anyone to beat them
Agree...time for them to start playing the way they know how
9.3% of faceoffs will go straight up into the stands with nobody winning them
Going to be a lot of souvenirs for fans in the stands tonight lol

We don't need to know about 3 game point streaks ..come on lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad