Proposal: Buf/NYR

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
No way... We need young players, almost NHL ready prospects or picks.

This does nothing for us. We don't clear any cap, we have no use for Franson, we probably don't gain any points.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Another Nash thread ?! MEGATHREAD TIME !

If we're trading Nash we need younger players and picks, would also prefer to send him out west.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nash for Kane. No retention. Buffalo may have to do a small add.

Buffalo does it for obvious reasons. Rangers do it for the expiring contract. Buffalo adds prospect and/or pick to hedge against Kane doing something stupid off the ice.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
[MOD]

And then Kane's contract is off the books next summer and the Rangers get the cap space.

If he behaves, then the Rangers can resign a talented player.

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
And then Kane's contract is off the books next summer and the Rangers get the cap space.

More likely Nash finds his touch again than Kane working out in NY. Might take a flyer on him if we unload staal in the deal but other than that wouldn't swap Nash for him

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Rumor from some hack...forget his name but he's a joke

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Nash is not the winger the Sabres would be interested in.....with the Rangers having to decide on which RFAs to re-sign, Kreider would be a more likely target for Tim Murray, based on his usual criterias (age, size and style of play).

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

This is my line of thinking as well. Definite potential upside. At the same time, Rick having a bounce back year could turn him into a valuable asset, especially as he'll only have one-year left. But if Evander can keep focused, he'd be a good asset long-term. Still iffy however.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The fans have been saying this for years yet your GM's seem to trade everyone they get.

That was the old Rangers when we were in our cup window going for the extra peices to try and win...needless to say, we aren't in that window anymore :cry:

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Rumor on the streets is Ricky is in BLO eating chicken wings already...seriously.

To :sabres

Rick Nash ($7.8M until 18-19)

To :rangers

Tyler Ennis ($4.6M until 19-20)
Cody Franzon ($3.325 until 17-18)
If I was Buffalo I would do that, but I personally doubt the Rangers would trade him for so little, he was their MVP two seasons ago, and if he somehow starts to score goals again this season, his value will be going up. And he's not that bad either. People just see the contract andhis age, but he's still good.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That was the old Rangers when we were in our cup window going for the extra peices to try and win...needless to say, we aren't in that window anymore :cry:

Yeah, now we just toss out multiple 2nds and prospects!!!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rumor on the streets is Ricky is in BLO eating chicken wings already...seriously.

To :sabres
Rick Nash ($7.8M until 18-19)

To :rangers
Tyler Ennis ($4.6M until 19-20)
Cody Franzon ($3.325 until 17-18)

NO, b'cause:

No way... We need young players, almost NHL ready prospects or picks.

This does nothing for us. We don't clear any cap, we have no use for Franson, we probably don't gain any points.

Nash for Kane. No retention. Buffalo may have to do a small add.

Buffalo does it for obvious reasons. Rangers do it for the expiring contract. Buffalo adds prospect and/or pick to hedge against Kane doing something stupid off the ice.

We'd get more sending Nash to Bruins for Chara, J. Hayes, and McAvoy.

If this is to be kept simple, the EKane deal is for M. Staal; I would add Tambellini, a 3rd who looks like he'll make it, and boom bust 3rd Robin Kovacs who is good so far but very preliminary --- these I add only b'c of the dif in years on term of Kane and Staal contracts --- and that's it.

problem child for problem contract

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Nash is not the winger the Sabres would be interested in.....with the Rangers having to decide on which RFAs to re-sign, Kreider would be a more likely target for Tim Murray, based on his usual criterias (age, size and style of play).

I have to disagree. Nash is a perfect player for Buffalo. Contract expires in two years and can fill in the top 6. Problem is it has to be money in money out. Buffalo really can't eat anymore cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad