Greensboro, NC
1681136114578.png

Reactions: Paxon and Butt Ox

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Jotenline continues. I went under a bridge on I-95 yesterday that wasn't as tall as those three stacked together.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The crucible continues for Levi. Let's see how he does.
Someone mentioned teams are going to start compensating for his over aggressivenes soon. Something to keep an eye on. I'm sure they are just letting him wing it right now and not overloading him with information.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Someone mentioned teams are going to start compensating for his over aggressivenes soon. Something to keep an eye on. I'm sure they are just letting him wing it right now and not overloading him with information.

He's got that lateral mobility going for him, unlike UPL who is very aggressive and just can't get over but does come well out of his crease. We'll see. And it's not like the Sabre defense isn't primed to allow those cross-seam passes that call for someone to be moving side to side. At this point, it seems like a feature rather than a bug.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I was hoping they'd stick with the d pairings they had to close out the Canes game.

Power-Dahlin
Samuelsson- Joker
Stillman- Lyubushkin

He's got that lateral mobility going for him, unlike UPL who is very aggressive and just can't get over but does come well out of his crease. We'll see. And it's not like the Sabre defense isn't primed to allow those cross-seam passes that call for someone to be moving side to side. At this point, it seems like a feature rather than a bug.
Yeah. He may be quick enough to get away with it. Wasn't Quick an aggressive goalie as well? He was one of my favorite goalies in his prime, and now I'm struggling to remember his play style. oyeeee...

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
They need to quit going to the Power-Joki well. Neither of them are at all difficult to play against in their own end and Joker is prone to endless brain farts/lack of awareness.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was hoping they'd stick with the d pairings they had to close out the Canes game.

Power-Dahlin
Samuelsson- Joker
Stillman- Lyubushkin

I think they're stuck with what they have in terms of mix.

Yeah. He may be quick enough to get away with it. Wasn't Quick an aggressive goalie as well? He was one of my favorite goalies in his prime, and now I'm struggling to remember his play style. oyeeee...

Yep, Quick was... well... quick. It's one of the things that has eroded as he got older.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021

The last 6 games JJP has been terrible. (Jost as well)

He has by far gotten the longest leash this year, and not sure why he remains in the lineup in a true must win when he has been so bad. There are development opportunities but tonight isn't really one. A rusty Hino is far better than what JJP has brought the last 6 games. I would even take VO tonight over Jost, as he has also struggled.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They need to quit going to the Power-Joki well. Neither of them are at all difficult to play against in their own end and Joker is prone to endless brain farts/lack of awareness.

Add in Power's issues with angles/engagement/getting caught out of position, it's a recipe for repeated disaster. But Lyubushkin hasn't meshed with Power (third worst pair for shots against/60 per MoneyPuck). If they do shuffle up the pairs, I still would like to see Samuelsson with Power instead of Jokiharju. Gives the pair some spine defensively, the ability to kill plays.

Reactions: kirby11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad