GDT: BUF @ NJD 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - What a rush!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
No, a partner for Power is not going to cost them one of the best goal scorers in the league.
Power has played remarkably well for a rookie. But his decision making is a bit slow and that needs to be improved. You can almost "hear" him thinking out loud about where to go with the puck........

I'm all for someone who can help with that.. a Hank/Teppo kind of mentor.

That isn't Graves strength...... Graves is a top 4 acquisition. A decent replacement for Jokiharu

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Sabres needed the John Marino trade. That sorted the Devils blue line completely and they have him for 5 years at $4.4M.

yep

and to be clear, if we would ever trade Tage, I am looking for an even more stupid overpayment than we received with Eichel. I'm not giving a player like Tage away. Yep, we should do far better than just a top 4 for Tage. We'd need to get 1 or 2 unprotected first round picks as well, along with either a top 6 or a legit NHL goalie also in association with the trade, along with the top 4

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
I've actually had that thought for a couple of months.

Of course, I subscribe to the Belichick theory of better to trade early than too late, and am not averse to making major hockey trades.

In no way am I saying give away Tage for nothing. I'm saying try and improve the team. We need a partner for Power, and that is really going to cost us big time

We have enough currency to make a nice pick up. Tage? LOL he is not part of that currency thank you.

Oh and,

Thank You Sabres!
This was a fun year and we all have much bigger expectations for next year.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I'd rather get a better top 4 RHD via trade. Again... I wouldn't mind having him on the team but I would be shocked if anyone gave him 5X5...

Plus you still need to resign Dahlin and Power
Let Joker and Boosh walk after next year and his $5mil is paid for with $250k to spare :naughty:

Who are your trade targets?

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Let Joker and Boosh walk after next year and his $5mil is paid for with $250k to spare :naughty:

Who are your trade targets?
Weegar would be ideal or Parayko but I hate the term on both there deals... but those are the type of D man I want paired with Power.

I wouldn't mind added Graves as a bottom pair guy but not at 5 mil AAV but Graves, Mayfield or Soucy wouldn't be bad gets either

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad