GDT: BUF @ NJD 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - What a rush!

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
they should. NO reason to play anyone who is hurting

Give anderson his ceremonial game as well

I won't stop advocating for improving the TEAM, not the fantasy team
You want to trade Thompson, who we just signed to a long term deal, who is our best forward, who leads team scoring by 15 points, who has been playing hurt for a few weeks now, to HELP the team?

And I’m the fantasy team guy… cmon now

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Silly takes, not even hot.

I've actually had that thought for a couple of months.

Of course, I subscribe to the Belichick theory of better to trade early than too late, and am not averse to making major hockey trades.

In no way am I saying give away Tage for nothing. I'm saying try and improve the team. We need a partner for Power, and that is really going to cost us big time

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I’m pinning this one on Joker. He has lost so many games for us this year it is crazy how much ice time he got all the way up until the end of the season.

If we had a partner for Power that did literally nothing offensively, but didn’t hurt the team with bone headed stupid plays, that would have been a huge upgrade.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Just hoping NYI and FLA win so I can feel better about this lose
Well, Pittsburgh did just tie things with Chicago, so there's that...

Ultimately, this game didn't do them in. They played their ass off and just didn't get the bounces. The 8 game losing streak and the March Malaise is why the season is over in game 80 instead of 82 or beyond.

Reactions: oldgoalie

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I’m pinning this one on Joker. He has lost so many games for us this year it is crazy how much ice time he got all the way up until the end of the season.

If we had a partner for Power that did literally nothing offensively, but didn’t hurt the team with bone headed stupid plays, that would have been a huge upgrade.

Yes, Joki needs to be fired into the sun. I'll take the chance that the sun stops working as a result.

That own goal he scored in the first resembled the Smehlik ones

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Well, Pittsburgh did just tie things with Chicago, so there's that...

Ultimately, this game didn't do them in. They played their ass off and just didn't get the bounces. The 8 game losing streak and the March Malaise is why the season is over in game 80 instead of 82 or beyond.
They just had to win 1 game and have 2 OT loses in that stretch...

Reactions: StlSwedes

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Of course, I subscribe to the Belichick theory of better to trade early than too late, and am not averse to making major hockey trades.

In no way am I saying give away Tage for nothing. I'm saying try and improve the team. We need a partner for Power, and that is really going to cost us big time

No, a partner for Power is not going to cost them one of the best goal scorers in the league.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh

Yup, trade away a unicorn player on a sweet contract for the next 7 years..

Brilliant!!

Reactions: beerme1

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You want to trade Thompson, who we just signed to a long term deal, who is our best forward, who leads team scoring by 15 points, who has been playing hurt for a few weeks now, to HELP the team?

And I’m the fantasy team guy… cmon now
It happened before. Why not try it again?

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Can you name any D-men available this summer you would give that contract?
I'd rather get a better top 4 RHD via trade. Again... I wouldn't mind having him on the team but I would be shocked if anyone gave him 5X5...

Plus you still need to resign Dahlin and Power

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
We had better chances but they have better players.. just sucks but what a big step this team made in the right direction this season
Sabres never had the lead. Never.

They really weren't the better team in this one. I don't care what the analytics say. It was an up hill battle from Jost's 2 goalie crashes onwards. Woods goal killed them.

Sabres were the more exhausted (and hurt) team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad