Confirmed with Link: [BUF/MTL] Torrey Mitchell for Jack Nevins, 2016 7th

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Hey! Don't dismiss Nolan's current 2nd line center Foligno quite so fast!

Our center depth under Nolan is now sitting at-

Foligno (promoted up a line)
Larsson
Varone
Ellis

Hodgson never had a hope.

I want Ellis on the top line !!! :laugh:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
There might be an argument that Murray knows he wants Mitchell back in the summer. I think he's a great fourth line guy. So he sends him off for less of a return where he wants to go.

Breeding good will is never a bad idea. If that's what we actually got from this trade, maybe it's worth it. Let's see this summer.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Well, I guess "pick and prospect" is technically true, though I still think whoever broke that return first is really stretching the spirit of what that means....

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
There might be an argument that Murray knows he wants Mitchell back in the summer. I think he's a great fourth line guy. So he sends him off for less of a return where he wants to go.

Breeding good will is never a bad idea. If that's what we actually got from this trade, maybe it's worth it. Let's see this summer.

Yep. I think there's a very strong chance we see Mitchell back here next season to help with the young center babysitting duties for a year or two.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Kinda crazy how he played on 6 different Jr teams, and played in both the OHL and QMJHL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I agree....i think he asked Mitchell which team he wanted to go to knowing he wasnt going to get anything of significance for him.

ZeroPT*

I will not complain even one slight bit if they find a way to bring back Mitchell. He's fantastic.

DogsFan*

Oh it's Nevins, I love this deal now! I think he should take Mitchell's spot in the top 6, could provide an offensive punch.

Sure he could provide an offensive punch. If that punch is punching your own team in the nuts.

Nevins is signed for one more season after this year, with a $645k cap hit (note that he has bonuses in his contract as well). A two-way contract, of course, as it is an ELC. His waiver exemption expires following the 2015-2016 season.

Don't think you have to ever worry about that with Nevins. He stinks to high hell. Bad skater, useful for next to nothing. Hits and looks to start a fight every shift.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
60db1fddfbaa3ed7389e37c2320bc7a5.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad