Confirmed with Link: [BUF/MIN] Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick for Torrey Mitchell, 2014 2nd, 2016 2nd

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Matt Moulson ‏@MMoulson - Would like to thank my teammates, the @BuffaloSabres and fans of Buffalo for the great treatment over the past couple months.

Matt Moulson ‏@MMoulson - My family and I are extremely excited to start another chapter of our lives with the incredible state of Minnesota and the @mnwild.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres - The #Sabres thank @MMoulson for his contributions to the organization.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres - The #Sabres thank Cody McCormick for his contributions to the organization.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Think of how scary we are now though draft wise, ya we lost some picks but we basically got Fasching for free and reaquired the draft picks in the Moulson trade.

In this years draft we own the 1st, 28th, assuming the Blues make the Finals which they will. the 30th since the Devils forfeit their pick and the 39th picks,

Next year we are still loaded so I have no problems with this trade and Acquiring Fasching our future gets more exciting, and we basically swop 2nds with LA this year and move up

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Matt Moulson ‏@MMoulson - Would like to thank my teammates, the @BuffaloSabres and fans of Buffalo for the great treatment over the past couple months.

Matt Moulson ‏@MMoulson - My family and I are extremely excited to start another chapter of our lives with the incredible state of Minnesota and the @mnwild.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres - The #Sabres thank @MMoulson for his contributions to the organization.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres - The #Sabres thank Cody McCormick for his contributions to the organization.

How warm and personal

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
How warm and personal

birthday.png

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Darcy's probably laughing somewhere about this trade. He had to have planned for a better return than this. At least it's a high 2nd, I never expected anything more than a low 1st for Moulson anyway.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Darcy's probably laughing somewhere about this trade. He had to have planned for a better return than this. At least it's a high 2nd, I never expected anything more than a low 1st for Moulson anyway.

Is this meant to imply Darcy would have gotten a better return? That'd be hard to believe really.

ZeroPT*

There was NO MARKET this year. Murray was still able to get some picks back... The winnipeg 2nd will likely be between 37-43 and the 2016 2nd is a long ways away still..

Obviously a 1st would've been better but no team was going to pay that

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two seconds? Not bad. Not great, but not bad, especially given that one is Winnipeg's this year so likely in the top 10 of the second round.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There was NO MARKET this year. Murray was still able to get some picks back... The winnipeg 2nd will likely be between 37-43 and the 2016 2nd is a long ways away still..

Obviously a 1st would've been better but no team was going to pay that

Other factors was the lower salary cap and Buffalo didnt have any retentions left.

Next year teams should have more cap brething room given the relatively crappy UFA pool out there.

With many teams they wil resigning their RFAs to modest raises which wont eat all their cap space.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
As a Wild fan, I think you guys ended up coming out okay on this deal. It certainly wasn't a steal on either end of the spectrum of the trade. Now it comes down to your scouting staff making the picks count. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as what your squad did today, you should be very excited about Fasching. Personally, I'd look at it as you just gained a first round pick-type of prospect; like he was originally thought of probably still should have been. Not a Gopher fan but a big college hockey fan and I think he's the real deal.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
As a Wild fan, I think you guys ended up coming out okay on this deal. It certainly wasn't a steal on either end of the spectrum of the trade. Now it comes down to your scouting staff making the picks count. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as what your squad did today, you should be very excited about Fasching. Personally, I'd look at it as you just gained a first round pick-type of prospect; like he was originally thought of probably still should have been. Not a Gopher fan but a big college hockey fan and I think he's the real deal.

I agree that we only did "OK" in this trade, but looking around the league it seems that was about as good as it got today for UFA sellers. There's no doubt you guys made out well thanks to a buyer's market. Moulson has a particular skillset wherein he is very great (around the net) and outside of that he's about average or a bit above-average. That's good enough, especially for a team that already has other good wingers. He'll be great on your PP. He isn't a high-motor player but he plays with a joy that you can see every time he or a linemate scores. Definitely a well-liked guy in the room as well.

Regarding Fasching, I agree. I look at him as a 1st round talent. Glancing at our prospect list, he is very high up there -- around #4/5.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Cody McCormick Interview (3/5/14) - 3:01 Mins

[NHL]568470[/NHL]
Cody McCormick speaks with the media after being traded to the Minnesota Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad