Confirmed with Link: [BUF/MIN] Buffalo acquires Jordan Greenway for a 2023 2nd (from VGK) and 2024 5th

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wishing him the best.

Frustrated that Adams has seemingly overpaid for both Greenway & Stillman.

There's still larger holes to fill. But it's potentially addressing SOMETHING.

As said above -- it's the deadline. Pretty much everything is an overpay.

Adams filled a hole. We needed a bottom 6er who can actually play D and grind some. Thing is, Greenway hasn't touched his ceiling yet.

And "all" it cost us was a back-third 2nd rounder and a 5th.

Do we have more holes? Of course. But it's something useful for this year and beyond......who may have much more in him. We all know power forwards tend to develop slowly.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He's 11th on the Wild in PKToI for this year with even less than Jost who has been in Buffalo for 4 months.

Eh, he's played on the PK previously, looking like the 2nd unit based on his minutes. he CAN play the PK. Whether he's great on it...another question.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
My main knock on this is my understanding was that Greenway was unhappy with his checking line-type role in Minny. Granted, Donny will encourage his line to play more creatively, but I'd assume his role overall will be similar. That aside, he is a good add, especially with Tuch out because you can't count on Hinostroza to give you any more than one good game out of 5.

The price is of no concern. I don't care about value. If they feel like he will be a player for them then it is worth a 2nd and a 5th. We have too many draft picks to the point where they become diminishing returns when you try forging development paths for everyone.

BishesLoveHossa

Oct 28, 2015
South Buffalo
Slight overpay but I'm interested to see where he slots in. Not familiar with his game but if he can bring some grit so we dish back some of the licks we take I'm not mad

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Great concept of a player, but people being excited about how underwhelming his last 18-24 months have been. Sorry, this is a MASSIVE overpayment. I hope he comes here to work, because I'm totally not impressed. This is an okay player to buy low on, but 3M for his stats, is pure grade crap.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Great concept of a player, but people being excited about how underwhelming his last 18-24 months have been. Sorry, this is a MASSIVE overpayment. I hope he comes here to work, because I'm totally not impressed. This is an okay player to buy low on, but 3M for his stats, is pure grade crap.
draft picks are so incredibly overvalued, you just traded a 20% chance at a player who sees more than 99 nhl games for an actual roster player that contributes

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad