Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Mark Jankowski signs with the Sabres (1 year, $750k)

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thanks for coming by to tell us this revisionist history.
I mean how is that a misstatement?
He was bad after the first couple of games and did not play well for the Penguins.

Did you mean to use a different term then revisionist history?

The guy says he was bad for the Penguins and hopefully he can be good for Buffalo.

I see some Buffalo fans say he's been good in the AHL and that he's getting rewarded for that. Thats cool I wish him the best.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Thanks for coming by to tell us this revisionist history.

It's not revisionist at all to say that Jankowski was not good for the Pens. In any way. He was terrible for them.

And yeah -- this is clearly a case of us rewarding a key cog in Rochester and wanting the ability to use him in the NHL....ostensibly as a 4th line C/W and on the PK.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm thinking he may serve more as the 13th forward than the 4th line center.

Buffalo wants players like Ruotsalainen and Brett Murray playing rather than being the extra forward.

The coach said they are banged up, so we will see if Jankowski plays this week.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Jankowski gets a lot of grief but its not like there were a lot of top fwds taken after he was drafted at 21st overall. Most have been bottom 6 players.... like Jankowski.
Jav Feaster did him no favours by proclaiming him one of the most talented players available in the draft.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm thinking he may serve more as the 13th forward than the 4th line center.

Buffalo wants players like Ruotsalainen and Brett Murray playing rather than being the extra forward.

The coach said they are banged up, so we will see if Jankowski plays this week.

You should never have an ELC p,Ayer sitting in the press box unless (1) minor injury or sick or (2) they need to fix things in their play and is talking to coaching staff but these are 1 games it’s specially with 18/19 yr old who can’t go to the AHL

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Who knows how desperate a GM may get at the deadline who is need of depth.

maybe they get a really really late round pick and eat some salary.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's not revisionist at all to say that Jankowski was not good for the Pens. In any way. He was terrible for them.

And yeah -- this is clearly a case of us rewarding a key cog in Rochester and wanting the ability to use him in the NHL....ostensibly as a 4th line C/W and on the PK.

Also, it's not unheard of for someone to leave one situation where they may have struggled and become a complimentary player somewhere else. Heck, Pens fans are seeing that with ERod and there are some who couldn't wait to run him out of Buffalo as fast as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad