Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Mark Jankowski signs with the Sabres (1 year, $750k)

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Can't really go wrong at that price, he's shown in the past that he can play a 4th line role. He was pretty good on the PK in Calgary. Worst case he plays in the AHL.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hopefully he's learned how to play hard again. He seemed to stop caring a few years ago after he was mismanaged by the Flames and never rebounded.

When he's playing with intensity he's actually pretty good.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's been a good solid guy in Rochester on an AHL-level deal already, so this seems like an easy enough promotion move. Buffalo could use the help on the PK and at #4 center.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Random fact I happened to remember. He scored the very first goal of the 20-21 season. Wish him luck.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hopefully he's learned how to play hard again. He seemed to stop caring a few years ago after he was mismanaged by the Flames and never rebounded.

When he's playing with intensity he's actually pretty good.
How did the Flames mismanage him?
It’s more they mismanaged Bennett by sticking Jankowski on him.

Softest big man in the NHL

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How did the Flames mismanage him?
It’s more they mismanaged Bennett by sticking Jankowski on him.

Softest big man in the NHL
I would have liked to see him get more offensive opportunities after scoring 31 goals in his first 2 years as a 4C. Seemed like he got frustrated and stopped skating (which I totally blame on him).

But the kid was a first round pick, played all 4 years in college and then parts of 2+ more years in the AHL. I think he could have been handled better and should have turned into a solid middle 6 C. But he's not talented enough to get by on talent alone and needs to get back to the player he was when he first broke in.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I would have liked to see him get more offensive opportunities after scoring 31 goals in his first 2 years as a 4C. Seemed like he got frustrated and stopped skating (which I totally blame on him).

But the kid was a first round pick, played all 4 years in college and then parts of 2+ more years in the AHL. I think he could have been handled better and should have turned into a solid middle 6 C. But he's not talented enough to get by on talent alone and needs to get back to the player he was when he first broke in.
He is too soft. The Flames paired him with Bennett but he failed miserably. That’s as good as linemate he’s ever going to get. He also failed in Pittsburgh so it’s not just the Flames

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad