Confirmed with Link: [BUF/LAK] G Erik Portillo to the LA Kings for a 2023 3rd round pick

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Whaddaya mean? Botterill was great at turning a 6th into a future 6th.
he couldn't trade Thompson for a 5th; he s like the caveman of talent scouting&development; finds precious future technology but isn't intelligent enough to recognize or what to do with it.
the Big head points to a species between humans and neanderthals
there is even a limited amount of picks you can keep in a head like that

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Weird, but that's Ed Belfour in one of those comp columns. Mikko Koskinen... Yann Danis.

Some nobodies, and some actual NHLers. His models continue to not tell us much if we can just pick a name or two out of a broad spectrum of successful or invisible players to make an attempted point.
Bader is the worst out there and NHLe is an absolute farce

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It certainly makes for a low-grade villain/heel-turn out there. Too bad the east and west don't play each other in the AHL because I would love to razz him at an Amerk game.

Edit - listening to it again, Adams fully rounds it out that Portillo didn't see the path to the NHL by being in this market. So that's actually on their evident hard-on for Levi since he was acquired and ever time Adams' talks about him - including the Beavis and Butthead "hehehe" in this press conference when he mentioned them.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Brisson, Eichel's agent. Heh. Dick.
It really borders on tampering. But that is just an element of the game you'll never be able to remove. I liked how Adams didn't mince words "he didn't want to play in this market."

I do understand why a goalie may have hesitation with the sabres development coaches (I am starting to lose faith in Bales), given their track record with producing NHL starters in recent years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It really borders on tampering. But that is just an element of the game you'll never be able to remove. I liked how Adams didn't mince words "he didn't want to play in this market."

I do understand why a goalie may have hesitation with the sabres development coaches (I am starting to lose faith in Bales), given their track record with producing NHL starters in recent years.

It is Levi that is the issue. It isn’t the city. It isn’t the coaches. It is that he took the low road based on advice from his agent (advisor) to not compete with Levi.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
advice from his agent (advisor) to not compete with Levi.
In Granato's own words, these guys need a crease to develop. Him and Levi turning pro at the same time, where's his ice time? It makes a lot of sense. The thing is, that was artificially created by Portillo by not turning pro last year. There was a place for him in Rochester with UPL if he wanted it. That could have been his competition.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Yeah same here. It’s hard not to at least question him. Not because of Portillo. Just looking at his body of work here. What goalie has he really helped improve?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Some may say it's an overreaction on my part, but this is the most disappointed I've been in a sabres prospect in a while. The lack of self confidence to compete for a role is staggering for an athlete of this caliber. Now maybe some of it is Brisson being a meddling prick, but really, Eric? You don't think you can rise to the challenge, or what? If that's how you really feel, then fine, go half-ass it somewhere else.

Reactions: oldgoalie

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Like I said in the next post - he's full of shit.

ever since he got publicly outed that his source data (hockeydb) counts usndp stats from the ushl twice or something along those lines, and bader didn't realize that and as a result his model inaccurately portrayed u.s. players.... bad look and i stopped taking him seriously.

Reactions: Chainshot

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Portillo wanted to save us from another Mika/Marty/Miller situation on this board. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad