Confirmed with Link: [BUF/LAK]Brayden McNabb + 2 2nd's + Parker for Hudson Fasching + Nicolas Deslauriers

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/status/441265542989885441

Nick Deslauriers plays F for Manchester....

On Deslauriers:

played out two of those three seasons in the AHL, and has continued to strengthen his reputation as an offensive force over that time. Deslauriers led the Monarchs defense in scoring last season, and in four playoff games he led the whole squad in points. He also is what the old-timey scouts would call a character guy. He earned the moniker #EmotionalLeader (yep, just dropping hashtags in the player review) from the Manchester Monarchs' Twitter account, by showing a willingness to drop the gloves and playing with a full head of steam in all zones.

In short, there's a lot about Nick Deslauriers that is intriguing. That's not even getting to his physical gifts. He's an offensive defenseman with SIZE; whether he is actually 230 pounds is anyone's guess, but he at least fits the Muzzin/Martinez mold of offensive guys who could learn to throw their weight around. Additionally, Deslauriers pairs that with great offensive skills; Hockey's Future goes so far as to call him a "wizard" with the puck, while a more conservative Mark Morris has referred to him as a beautiful skater with a strong shot and good passing abilities.
http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2013/9/11/4716228/la-kings-top-25-under-25-13-nick-deslauriers

That's from before the year. He played this season up front

Update: The Sabres also sent forward Jonathan Parker to the Kings. That’s them getting rid of a contract. The second-round picks – 2014 and 2015 – came from Los Angeles in last year’s Robyn Regehr trade.----Hoppe

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You guys just hit the jackpot if it's true. Hudson Fasching is a stud.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's only a rumor at this point...

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 4s
As I said, nothing official on LA-BUF McNabb trade just yet. But sounds like it may get done. Stay tuned.

Got it. Thought Mckenzie confirming a deal going down involving McNabb is good enough to confirm as done in some form. Per the rules

Sorry for terse reply. On phone

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 2s
Pending trade call, sounds like BUF sends Brayden McNabb and two 2nd round picks to LA for two prospects - one of them Hudson Fasching.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Why did we have to send two 2nds? Unless this other guy is great, I'm not too happy about that.

He's going to be really good. Missed WJC this year?

This is exactly what I love about hoarding 2nds.

Great winger prospect.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah I'm not happy about this either. I'm sick of power forwards. Maybe its Foligno but they seem less likely to pan out. Now another kid who we won't see for another 2 years and ontop of another 3+4 years of development to maybe turn out like Foligno.

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN
Sounds like the Kings fans are not happy about Fasching leaving in this deal.

I'll kind of miss McNabb, but this sounds okay for the Sabres.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
McNabb and two 2nds? These guys better be good. I don't like giving up McNabb at all, but I guess with a logjam of talent at D someone has to get moved.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah I'm not happy about this either. I'm sick of power forwards. Maybe its Foligno but they seem less likely to pan out. Now another kid who we won't see for another 2 years and ontop of another 3+4 years of development to maybe turn out like Foligno.

Hey, negativity! What a surprise! Where's sba?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
McKeen's:
Pulled out of a steep nose-dive with a ‘dirty’ performance for Team
USA winning silver at the U18 Worlds (7-0-6-6) .. led the Americans
with six assists while distinguishing himself with a strong board
and crease-front presence .. the late reprieve helped salvage a
trying season in which he battled concussion problems to start the
year and laboured to find a groove .. SCOUTING REPORT .. strong,
big-bodied forward - difficult to knock off the puck - or clear from
the slot once he parks his wide, brawny frame .. best weapon is a
hard shot that features a quick, compact release .. displays vision
in the offensive zone - and an ability to make plays from the boards
- exploiting soft hands, excellent hand-eye co-ordination, and a
large lateral transition step .. clunky skater however, limited by
sloppy footwork and sluggish startup quickness .. will have to work
diligently to upgrade his co-ordination and footspeed .. not sure
whether ‘Jekyll’ or ‘Hyde’ side will show up either .. needs to find
better consistency - especially as a physical factor .. lacks urgency
at times and doesn’t play up to his size - too easy to play against ..
will attend the University of Minnesota .. intriguing potential given
his size and skill set, however his skating did not show the progress
needed to guarantee a top 60 spot.

HockeyProspect:
Fasching, Hudson – RW – US NTDP Under-18 Team – 6’2, 214
Hudson has seen his stock plummet since this time last year, and rightly so. He teases with great size and great flashes of offensive talent, but his hockey sense is questionable and infrequently gives his best effort. When he’s on his game he moves well for his size, controls the puck well, shows good hands along the boards, and plays an intelligent, physical defensive game. More often than not, he has a hard time handling the puck and tries to force plays, leading to frustration and the rest of his game falling apart. It’s easy to tell what kind of game Fasching will have based on his first shift. Part of his issues this year seemed to draw from puck luck as well, as he went stretches where he was ridiculously snake bitten with frequent goalposts and near misses. He also dealt with a concussion at the beginning of the season, and it’s possible that the lingering effects of that were also a factor. Such negatives do have a way of snowballing. Fasching will surely be drafted and will be looking at next year as a clean slate, which could be just the thing he needs to get his game back together.
Quotable: “Some games he seems to have it all together, other games he’s not a factor. Physically he has all the tools. I just don’t see him putting it all together.

I have coached some players in the past who were just too nice. It’s
difficult to make a nice kid be something he’s not comfortable being.I see some of that in Hudson.†– Mark Edwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad