Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Kyle Okposo (7 Years, $6.000M AAV)

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
He must have not wanted to stay in NYI (why wouldn't you want to play with Tavares?) cause how could NYI not have wanted to ante up the extra $500k a year instead of Ladd.

While I would never pretend every Islander loves to play here, all indications were that the Isles simply weren't interested in resigning him. I think the Isles wanted to shake up the locker room a bit and bring in some veteran leadership, thus their reasoning for Ladd over Okposo.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Okposo wasnt worth the $4.5 million on his contract last year much less $6M per and now he doesn't have Tavares to play with.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So many EDM haters.

Same age as Lucic, same deal, Lucic is a dumb deal and Okposo is a good one? When he is always injured

They're taking into account Lucic's type of game....though Okposo is no slouch in the physical play dept. himself.

Anyway, this is less than the AAV I thought he would get. At least he is on the right side of 30, unlike so many other UFAs signing today.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
One of the better deals the last couple years might be rough but he has a goddess 4-5 years left in him if he doesn't get hurt.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So many EDM haters.

Same age as Lucic, same deal, Lucic is a dumb deal and Okposo is a good one? When he is always injured
Do you guys not realize that Okposo might be better than Lucic? Not everything is about the Oilers.

Always injured? He's missed like 35 games over the last 5 seasons...

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I've never liked Okposo. He is the kind of player who tends to become invisible for 15 games in a row.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
When he's on his game he's a beast, but more often than not he just seems to disappear. Very frustrating to watch. Hopefully he finds some consistency and maybe a new spark playing with a young team.

commie

Jul 30, 2005
Great signing, he's still young.

Am I in 2 different universe?
Same age as Lucic, same length as Lucic, but has been more injured than Lucic.

Yet one is a great signing and is still young.

While the other is the end of the world signing.

Holy Sh^t.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Am I in 2 different universe?
Same age as Lucic, same length as Lucic, but has been more injured than Lucic.

Yet one is a great signing and is still young.

While the other is the end of the world signing.

Holy Sh^t.

You're forgetting one signed with Edmonton. Big factor in posters reactions.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I would have taken Kyle back in a heartbeat at that price. Great deal for the Sabres. I hope Garth has something up his sleeve.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Hearing it is front loaded, per usual but Okposo playing until he is 35 isn't something I would worry about in terms of him retiring.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Okposo wasnt worth the $4.5 million on his contract last year much less $6M per and now he doesn't have Tavares to play with.

No, it's true, no Taveres, he's now playing with scrubs like Eichel, Reinhart and ROR. :sarcasm:

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

He'll have Jack Eichel to play with - 10 times the player that Tavares is according to Sabres fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad