Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Jeff Skinner signs extension (8 years, $9M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Hopefully this contract can set the tone for Laines.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I mean he is based on this. Nylander's career high is 2 less than Skinner's and you can expect Nylander to get better whereas what you see is what you get with Skinner.

Skinner scored 40 this year sure, but he shot 4% higher than his career average and was cold for the last half of the season. He's not a superstar player but is being paid like one.

Buffalo has to give him the money though. Can't lose more talent.

I’m always amazed how people don’t understand that RFAs will always get paid less than UFAs. Also, Nylanders career high in goals is 22. A far cry from a 40 goal scorer with multiple 30+ seasons.

Wanted him at 8, but not surprised it took 9.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I don't know if he'd get that on the open market, but Buffalo is too terrified at losing him. This is why drafting and development is so critical to long term success, when the Jeff skinners of the world demand crazy aavs you can say k thx bye, not trip over yourself trying to get it done lest its a cruel joke.

Reactions: GeeoffBrown

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'm happy.

Sure he is overpaid by 1-1.5m a year. You save that overpayment and keep the ELITE 5v5 goal scorer cause you have to.

Sure those last couple years might be rough. But you focus on the next 5 first where Skinner will be so critical to our success.

Continue to hate it. I'm thrilled to have him.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
crazy overpay by buffalo. especially if it's 8 years. $9 for 6 would be more fair.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zucker’s contract looking great at this point

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Yes.

Letting the player walk is a better option than signing a bad contract.
Who scores if you let him walk. Just keep wasting Eichel years with no help. Seems like a plan for failing. They gave cap room, they have more coming off next year and it’s likely to be structured where the 7th and 8th years are at a truly minimal cost in salary. Looking at tons of bonus money and little salary.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
He's getting paid for his 40 goals, not his points.

You heard it here first

You pay that money to a guy who can drive a line and is consistent. Skinner is neither of those. Why would you want to pay 9M to a guy that cant make others around him better and only shows up for half a year?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
10 times the player? Hmmmm I don’t think the stats will tell us this story and Kane also gets lazy in own zone too.

If Kane isnt scoring goals hes at least doing something. Skinner does nothing. If Reinhart outscores Skinner next year, what are you guys going to do? Reinhart is obviously going to want the same money or more. The Sabres just ruined their cap. At least with the Leafs theyre handing the money to players that are actually close to worth it, not overpaying guys by 2-2.5M a year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You can argue it's too much but point is this, Buffalo couldn't afford to lose him for nothing and waste another year of Eichel. New coach too could be a good thing for him.

One dimensional or not, he has a nose for net, always has.

Reactions: TS Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad