Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] G Devon Levi signs ELC with the Sabres (3 years, $925k AAV)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The curse of HFBoards honestly.

A few idiots in the Buffalo forum talked about wanting Tavares to get injured in 2015 when Buffalo had their 1st, and a few NYI fans have hated all things Buffalo with a passion since.
Montreal is doing that to Florida this year…

Next Ryan Miller
He’s hanging from the ceiling already….

Reactions: Laus723

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Inferiority complex from losing 4 superbowls in a row, 2 stanley cups, 7/1/2007, playoff droughts, list goes on.

I'm guilty of that too. Buffalo isn't a sports market for the sane. You better have been born here, or be well-equipped for some shenanigans.

I feel like they really share that as a common bond with the Canucks as non-cup-winning expansion twins. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
yes! All the doomsayers on the BUF board can find something else to fret about now.

“And far away, as Devon Levi signed a contract and Buffalo claimed him for their own, even in the Niagara Frontier the very heart of the Sabres' realm, the Doom Power in Buffalo was shaken, and the worried fans trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The doomsayer was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the ice to the crease that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung."

...or something.

Apologies to JRR Tolkien for riffing on his work.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
He's a nice goalie prospect to have, but most of us don't care?

Seems like people here take what a few say and think that's what the majority believe.

Similar to a few Calgary fans when they signed Huberdeau to the extension.

Now, if PLD goes somewhere else, or stays that will hit hard.

I’m stoked for Buffalo, lots of talent and they look like they’re going in the right direction. Is he gonna get some games in this season?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Seems like people here take what a few say and think that's what the majority believe.

How is the Huberdeau and Dubois situations different? Many Hab fans were penciling him in the lineup last season , just like many are counting on Dubois “coming home “ . A lot can happen in a year ( obviously) . Levi has off the chart stats so will he interesting to track the progress . Will he get a game or 2 to finish the season or AHL bound ?

Reactions: Laus723

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
“And far away, as Devon Levi signed a contract and Buffalo claimed him for their own, even in the Niagara Frontier the very heart of the Sabres' realm, the Doom Power in Buffalo was shaken, and the worried fans trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The doomsayer was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the ice to the crease that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung."

...or something.

Apologies to JRR Tolkien for riffing on his work.
The Realm of Shitposting has ended. The General Manager has fulfilled his quest.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think most are expecting that he'll get a game or two in.

Personally, I'm looking at 3/27 against his hometown Habs to be his NHL debut.

id guess montreal too just because of it being home and the opponent.

if everything is decided Before the game…he plays at Columbus. UPL or Comrie is back up.
Anderson would start against Ottawa. Expected final regular season game In career and being in buffalo and against a long time team he played for.

yes! All the doomsayers on the BUF board can find something else to fret about now.
Ryan Johnson says hi……

Reactions: dire wolf and jmelm

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Damn you Levi im gonna go egg hes home

Congrats Buffalo you guys have a great future hopefully he pans out Canada has been struggling with goalies lately i need my west island neighbor to become a stud ( just not against us please )

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

I hope your other 16,664 posts are better than this. LOL

Reactions: jmelm and Fearnot

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Sabres are a good young goalie away from being the early Crosby era Penguins, and Levi certainly seems like he can be that. If the Sabres can continue adding to what they have through either free agency or internal development, they're going to be scary in the near future.

They have $20 million in cap space for next year and the only notable guy with an expiring contract is Okposo.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The Sabres are a good young goalie away from being the early Crosby era Penguins, and Levi certainly seems like he can be that. If the Sabres can continue adding to what they have through either free agency or internal development, they're going to be scary in the near future.

They have $20 million in cap space for next year and the only notable guy with an expiring contract is Okposo.
Yea they can afford one big ticket UFA or trade+extend contract and to sign their core long term without too much isse

TuchYeah

Mar 15, 2023
I used to pray for times like this 🥲

Good for the Sabres, seems like a potential stud. Any chance he plays this season?
I hope so. We have a ton of goalies in the mix but none of them have been consistently ok except for our 40 year old virg-I mean Craig Anderson. Levi would probably be an improvement over all of them

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That Reinhart trade trending to be a sneaky great deal for the Sabres, Levi and Kulich
Getting Levi and Kulich for a player who wasn’t going to re-sign is pretty great.

The Sabres had to move out Eichel, Reinhart and Ristolainen.

They got

Tuch
Krebs
Ostlund
Greenway
Kulich
Levi
Rosen
A high second this year
and not having to play Ristolainen anymore

in return.

Add that to RoR miraculously becoming Tage Thompson and they did well in having to move out pieces for futures.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Hopefully he can translate his NCAA and U20 success quickly but the two guys he has had some comparisons to (Miller and Hellebuyck) took time to get up to NHL speed via AHL play.

As for the cap, that will go fast when they have to re-up Dahlin next summer (if not extended this year) and then Power after that. They can't just dive in hard on UFA but they should have some flexibility to be smart. Taylor Hall type mercenaries need not apply.

Reactions: Daz28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad