Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] G Devon Levi signs ELC with the Sabres (3 years, $925k AAV)

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Many have been watching this kid, posting full game videos, highlights, ya Buffalo looks to have them a decent prospect in this kid. 6 ft is a bit short, but it appears to not hamper him.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wasn't there quite a bit of speculation that he wouldn't sign with the Sabres?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
wvzbVM.gif

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wasn't there quite a bit of speculation that he wouldn't sign with the Sabres?

There was paranoia out of Sabre-dom...............and then there were Montreal fans saying that his all-time, #1 dream was to play for the Canadiens so there was no way he was ever signing in Buffalo.

There was zero speculation rooted in reality that he wasn't signing in Buffalo.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sorry, not sorry Habs fans.............. :laugh:
He's a nice goalie prospect to have, but most of us don't care?

Seems like people here take what a few say and think that's what the majority believe.

Similar to a few Calgary fans when they signed Huberdeau to the extension.

Now, if PLD goes somewhere else, or stays that will hit hard.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
There was paranoia out of Sabre-dom...............and then there were Montreal fans saying that his all-time, #1 dream was to play for the Canadiens so there was no way he was ever signing in Buffalo.

There was zero speculation rooted in reality that he wasn't signing in Buffalo.

Feels good.

None that made any sense, just trolls, some of whom I was surprised to find out still exist on this site.

I love the, "never a doubt" attitude now that it's signed, sealed, delivered. :laugh: But it felt like it was fairly widespread speculation to me at the time. Maybe it was just a well orchestrated trolling campaign, but it seemed like a lot of Buffalo fans themselves were buying into it.

It never really completely made sense to me, in that it was coming at a time when it started to look like the Sabres were finally turning things around as an up and coming young "team on the rise". And in need of a long-term goaltending answer. The fit seemed really natural and desirable to me. Like...why would you not want to be part of a team on the upswing like that?

But anyway. Cool that it's done, and whatever doomsayers can now put down the bleach.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He's a nice goalie prospect to have, but most of us don't care?

Seems like people here take what a few say and think that's what the majority believe.

Similar to a few Calgary fans when they signed Huberdeau to the extension.

Now, if PLD goes somewhere else, or stays that will hit hard.
The curse of HFBoards honestly.

A few idiots in the Buffalo forum talked about wanting Tavares to get injured in 2015 when Buffalo had their 1st, and a few NYI fans have hated all things Buffalo with a passion since.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I love the, "never a doubt" attitude now that it's signed, sealed, delivered. :laugh: But it felt like it was fairly widespread speculation to me at the time. Maybe it was just a well orchestrated trolling campaign, but it seemed like a lot of Buffalo fans themselves were buying into it.

It never really completely made sense to me, in that it was coming at a time when it started to look like the Sabres were finally turning things around as an up and coming young "team on the rise". And in need of a long-term goaltending answer. The fit seemed really natural and desirable to me. Like...why would you not want to be part of a team on the upswing like that?

But anyway. Cool that it's done, and whatever doomsayers can now put down the bleach.
Inferiority complex from losing 4 superbowls in a row, 2 stanley cups, 7/1/2007, playoff droughts, list goes on.

I'm guilty of that too. Buffalo isn't a sports market for the sane. You better have been born here, or be well-equipped for some shenanigans.

Reactions: biturbo19

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The curse of HFBoards honestly.

A few idiots in the Buffalo forum talked about wanting Tavares to get injured in 2015 when Buffalo had their 1st, and a few NYI fans have hated all things Buffalo with a passion since.
Ahh yeah the Vanek deal. It took me a second to figure out how they got that.

I hope the best for the Sabres I like the team they're constructing. Forwards are big and if Levi can provide that solid goaltending.

Now people think I'm over compensating when I want the Habs to draft 6'5 players. Nah, it's just trying to keep up with Buffalo

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

Outside of a select few, the doubt was always with Portillo not Levi. Glad the overdone discussion about him signing has finally came to an end though, looking forward to this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad