Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] D Ilya Lyubushkin signs with the Sabres (2 years, $2.75M AAV)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hard to read this thread - almost all like the signing? Is that allowed on HF? :D

Buffalo needed someone to add the physical compete to their blueline so this fills a big hole they haven't been able to fill in-house recently. Seems like he could get time in the Blankenberg role alongside Power at ES or down with Byron on the third pair.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Damn, liked him on the Leafs. When he plays within his limits he is very effective, can get in trouble when he tries to do too much.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Hope this signing works out. I can't remember the last defenseman for Buffalo that actually played stay-at-home defense. Mike Weber, maybe?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Suprised the Leafs didn't pony up something close to that. After all, he did become a pretty effective partner for Morgan Rielly.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Finally a true PK defensive D man. Our PK needed something to stabilize it on the backend now its looking like a solid Samuelsson + this signing for PK1. The PK was bad last year. Opens up Power to roam a little bit too if he can rely on his partner to be covering

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Right-shot d-man, strong defensive game, decent size, physical. Fills a big hole on the Sabres' roster. Will play with Power, or with Bryson on the 3rd pairing.

Love this signing.

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
I hope this turns out to be one the more underrated moves of the off season. I thought he played well in Tor, he was even paired with Rielly at times. He is pretty stay at home but did show flashes of some offensive potential also, more than might be acknowledged. I found him to be a real stabilizer and I hope he does the same for Buff. I think this a good signing.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Loved the hits and his where did that come from playoff goal, hated the dumb penalties and puck fumbling. I would have liked to keep him but 2.75 was probably too much for us.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
back at practice today and is day to day. They made a point to say that Jokiharju won’t go on their road trip so I’m assuming Lyubushkin will. He’s exceeded every expectation I had immediately and I can’t wait for him to get into the lineup again.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Agh I wish my Devils would have signed him. Perfect player to have until Luke Hughes and Nemec are ready.
Does he Pk ? Who is his usual partner ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad