Confirmed with Link: [BUF/COL] Jonas Johansson for a 6th rd pick

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm making my way through this Dater piece on Miska right now.

“I got tired of the anonymous Internet tough guys” – Hunter Miska on deleting Twitter and his plans to get back to the NHL

And not like this is some huge insight but as I suspected, nerves really wrecked him for some reason.

I hope he gets his mojo back, he really was a great story from within the organization up until this season.
Don’t know why people would directly attack him on social media. Social media is a virus that doesn’t seem like a net positive. Miska isn’t a good goalie and he was mentally broken up here.... that wasn’t his fault, it was the organization’s. Direct the emotions appropriately.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Is Adam Werner really so terrible they don't even give him a shot. Didn't he do decently in his NHL games last year?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Adam Werner really so terrible they don't even give him a shot. Didn't he do decently in his NHL games last year?

Great in one, terrible in the other. Werner has played 4 games in the AHL this year and hasn't given up less than 3 goals and no games over .900. He also posted a whopping .862 in 2nd tier Sweden prior to the season. He sucks too.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Great in one, terrible in the other. Werner has played 4 games in the AHL this year and hasn't given up less than 3 goals and no games over .900. He also posted a whopping .862 in 2nd tier Sweden prior to the season. He sucks too.

Sure, but they must be something if you put him on the taxi and then you get someone like JJ, it looks like the guy is punished for some reason

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Yea seems strange to give JJ a shot before Werner. Even if he is terrible ha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sure, but they must be something if you put him on the taxi and then you get someone like JJ, it looks like the guy is punished for some reason

He's not being punished, he's just bad. The guy hasn't played a good game of hockey since last March and those were rare in the AHL at the time. He lost his starting job to Miska. He's just a bad goalie... not a vendetta against him.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m always in favour of giving a guy a second start to give him a chance when the nerves aren’t as out of control.

Some of the goals were rough, but I liked the way he played in the OT. The team played a lot worse in front of him than they did in front of Miska. Give him one more start.

Reactions: Nihiliste and PAZ

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Johansson looks the part, but he spends way too much time on his knees, and his lateral movement is very bad.

He did make a couple big saves in his Avalanche debut, including the Kessel breakaway in overtime. But, he also let in a couple puppies, and I doubt the coaching staff has enough confidence to start him in a big game.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not a great showing, but he showed some flashes which is more you can say about Miska.

At worst, we paid a 6th for a #3 AHL goalie for the next year or two, since both Miska and Werner proved they aren't worth keeping.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not a great showing, but he showed some flashes which is more you can say about Miska.

At worst, we paid a 6th for a #3 AHL goalie for the next year or two, since both Miska and Werner proved they aren't worth keeping.

I would bet against him being here next season. So worst case is a 6th for a rental 3G that loses the team a few points.

Also, Miska will be in Windsor next season too.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Honestly, Avs just need to draft more top level goalies into their system. Justus isn’t enough. Honestly I’d have been okay with them moving their firsts in 2020 and 2021 to move up and get Askarov. Would have been ballsy but I’d have loved it.

Our goaltending pool is dangerously shallow.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Honestly, Avs just need to draft more top level goalies into their system. Justus isn’t enough. Honestly I’d have been okay with them moving their firsts in 2020 and 2021 to move up and get Askarov.
Every team when Askarov was available would have.

It’s bad management trading the 10th for the 25th and what would likely be a low First in an unstable forthcoming draft year.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
Sakic obviously still needs to find another goaltender. Happy as hell for Jojo though, like I was happy as hell when Adam Werner came in and pitched a shutout in an emergency appearance and would have been happy as hell for Miska if he got a shut out (he was two minutes from one, once upon a time...).

Reactions: klozge and Hennessy

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I like this, great for Jonas.

S*ck it John Vogl (the bitter writer for The Athletics).

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Meh. One performance doesn't make a career.
I obviously hope he finds his game and becomes a steal. But using a 28 save shutout against Anaheim isn't a sign from Goalie God (whom I picture as Tiny Thompson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad