Confirmed with Link: [BUF/COL] Jonas Johansson for a 6th rd pick

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
He was positioning himself better in this game and didn't really get challenged other than maybe 2 times. He is a big body and if he just can keep the calm and the defense in front of him can keep shots outside he should be ok. What is troubling is that he loses track of the puck way too often and is not very good with his reflexes. Still, with the big body and the equipment around it he can play percentages game just by positioning without a need to make heroic saves.

I'd like to see a trade for a *good* goalie still, before Monday.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
He is a bit hectic, reactionary in his style rather than being positionally sound and economic in his movements. Even a soft wrister from almost the blueline ended up with what seemed a panic leg kick that produced a giant rebound.

When the team is concentrated and can get to the rebounds first he can post decent numbers, if he is asked to make big saves he won't cut it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is pretty cool he got a shutout. A game he will always remember and look back upon

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So is JJ done starting for the Avs this season unless someone is hurt/Covid-ed?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So is movement his biggest issue? It just feels like he has trouble maneuvering in the crease. On that second goal tonight he was stuck way too deep in his net, didn’t come out quick enough to challenge the shooter.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So is movement his biggest issue? It just feels like he has trouble maneuvering in the crease. On that second goal tonight he was stuck way too deep in his net, didn’t come out quick enough to challenge the shooter.

He’s too quick to drop to the butterfly too.

If he could learn to toe push better it would do wonders for his lateral movement, because he does cover a lot of net with his size.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
His overall athleticism is the issue. He’s just not a NHL level goalie, but he was surely worth the 6th to spell Grubs and play better than Miska. He proved that part of the debate completely wrong.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I felt this way before the game, but after that win against the Kings, the only way I want to see Dubnyk play a game in the playoffs is if both Grubi and JJ are injured. He has earned the backup spot. Dubnyk represents a guaranteed 3-4 goals against. JJ can at least make the saves he's supposed to.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I felt this way before the game, but after that win against the Kings, the only way I want to see Dubnyk play a game in the playoffs is if both Grubi and JJ are injured. He has earned the backup spot. Dubnyk represents a guaranteed 3-4 goals against. JJ can at least make the saves he's supposed to.
Dubnyk against the Blues this season: 0.866 sv%, 3.91 GAA.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Really happy for JoJo, that last game was real vindication for him after getting pilloried in Buffalo. Yes, he's definitely benefitting from our system, and he has some holes in his game, but he's done his job and gotten us crucial wins. Dubnyk may be the veteran, but he's good for at least one goal per game that's softer than baby shit, and that won't fly in the playoffs where momentum is so crucial. If disaster strikes and Grubi goes down, I think you have to go with JoJo in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad