Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Casey Mittelstadt signs extension (1 year, $874,125)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
As a Canucks fan with minimal knowledge of Pettersson at the 2017 draft, I remember being so sad we didn't draft Glass or Mittelstadt :popcorn:

Reactions: HockeyWooot

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
What an effing disappointment he'd been.

Hmm, no pullups for Mittelstadt at the combine and no pullups for Sam Bennett at the combine, both busts so far. Only need to scout the combines this year.

Bennett isn't a bust. He's a great 3rd line role player. Just got drafted a round early, that's all.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
What an effing disappointment he'd been.

Bennett isn't a bust. He's a great 3rd line role player. Just got drafted a round early, that's all.
Lol 3 more points than Mittelstadt while playing 20+ more games but Bennett isn't a bust.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lol 3 more points than Mittelstadt while playing 20+ more games but Bennett isn't a bust.
Bennet plays a different role though than Casey. Bennet has carved out a third/fourth line grinder, hard to play against career. Can Casey play that way? Imo Casey is either a top six point producer, or he’s (highly likely) not in the National League.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Bennet plays a different role though than Casey. Bennet has carved out a third/fourth line grinder, hard to play against career. Can Casey play that way? Imo Casey is either a top six point producer, or he’s (highly likely) not in the National League.
Hard to play against? All he does is take stupid penalties and put up max 25ish points a year and his production was actually worse last year. Bennett is an easily replaceable player and so is Mittelstadt but pretending one is a disappointment while the other isn't is clownish especially when the one who "isn't" was a 4th overall pick.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
One year “show me” deal for Casey? Is this his last chance to “make it” in Buffalo?
He was a 10.2(c) player. No arbitration, ineligible to negotiate an offer sheet contract, no threat of holding out since he was targeted to play in the AHL anyway. Show me in that it was a one year deal (QO amount, 2-way deal).
Not his last chance, but maybe next year or the year after.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Considering he's been a minus player every year of his career and a - relative possession player every single season of his career I'd say he's really not that hard to play against. I get it, he hits and fights, but when the game isn't stopped and the puck is actually moving, it's generally not moving in the right direction when he's on the ice.

Reactions: Chainshot

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
tumblr_p9azq6PLpO1w4diwfo1_400.gif

So can he do a pull up now?

Reactions: Stardustforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad