Proposal: BUF - ANA

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think middlestat + 1st is a little rich, but id be willing to retain 1 mil a season... or you cab drop middlestat for a Lesser prospect.

Hes been arguably our best player this year... and i really dont expect his contract to be that bad by the end... you can move him to wing when cozens is ready... as he does pretty well on wing.

Or rakell could be a potential option

Rakell would be a nice get, since we need help on RW, too, but I suspect the acquisition cost would be prohibitive.
Even with retention, I wouldn't give up a 1st for Henrique, though. Certainly not without the pick being playoff protected. If he were retained down to ~$4M, I'd offer a 2nd and a D prospect (Sabres need to hang onto whatever talent we have at F). Or less retention but with Miller going the other way.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
giphy.gif

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
A recent top-10 pick, and a 2021 1st for Henrique? Hard pass. I'd rather pay far less for Turris.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Adam Henrique doesn’t solve much for this team, especially at that price. I mean, I MIGHT give a 2nd + a lower level prospect like Davidsson. Maybe not though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Henrique is streaky and you are paying a really high price. Mitts probably won't be a 2C for us but could absolutely become a good winger. The 1st should be spent on someone better than Henrique.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd rather have Henrique than Turris.

I wouldn't pay this price for Henrique, but I have way more confidence that he would help this team out over the remainder of his contract. I have zero faith that Turris would work out here.

Sure, I would too. But if the price is anywhere approaching the OP, I'd rather go with the "practically free" option of Turris. I actually think he'd be better back in the Atlantic. Again, not an attractive option, but if our options are overpaying for Henrique and taking Turris at the cost of simply taking on his contract, I'd likely prefer the latter.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Proposal : BUF-ANA to BUF: Adam Henrique

to ANA 2021 1st rnd ;+ Middlestadt;+ ( +? )

What is the purpose of this trade from both team's perspective?
Why is Buffalo giving up, essentially 2 1st rounders, for a 30 year old #3 Center tied up 5 more years AND has a No Trace Clause, and possibly adding more? This is on "Voldemort's Trade" level of badness for the Sabres.

I understand you think Henrique is being acquired to fill the role of the hole we need, but there are too many issues with the trade package that scream incompetence from a value perspective.

It's a big no from the Sabres perspective.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sure, I would too. But if the price is anywhere approaching the OP, I'd rather go with the "practically free" option of Turris. I actually think he'd be better back in the Atlantic. Again, not an attractive option, but if our options are overpaying for Henrique and taking Turris at the cost of simply taking on his contract, I'd likely prefer the latter.

I'd rather not add either player even if those were the only two options on the table.

I'd rather try Reinhart or Kahun in that spot.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd rather not add either player even if those were the only two options on the table.

I'd rather try Reinhart or Kahun in that spot.

The Reinhart at C option is off the table, unfortunately. I just don't think we'll ever see it. And Botts has said he sees Kahun as a wing. It's pretty bleak at the moment unless Botts thinks Mitts will finally arrive next season (which is probably precisely what he thinks - third time is the charm!).

Reactions: Chainshot

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I would absolutely do mittelstadt or a 21 1st for Henrique but not both

I'd barely do either. That contract is OK this year but starts to look really bad in two years assuming he declines as expected. Buffalo needs either a shorter contract or less of a cost to acquire.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Because the idea of henrique to buffalo makes sense to an extent, just not at that cost.

This is correct.

A Ducks fan brought a deal here a while back I don’t remember being too insane.

I think the OP’s creator muddies the discussion by having the appearance of a not-to-subtle troll, but Henrique to BUF is a valid discussion

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This is correct.

A Ducks fan brought a deal here a while back I don’t remember being too insane.

I think the OP’s creator muddies the discussion by having the appearance of a not-to-subtle troll, but Henrique to BUF is a valid discussion
I think hes more guilty of lookin at Henriques stats... and hes doing pretty well this team on a team with very little offense... hes on pace to hit 30+ goals and 50 + points if im not mistaken.... but there is a bit of fear in a Henrique contract and rightfully so that will devalue it a bit. Granted I don't really see Henrique as the type to really die out quickly, his game isn't very physical.... and if he does start slowing down a bit, he can also be a winger for a young center to help in faceoffs/defensive positioning and what not. That's kinda what I imagine hell be doing in a year or 2 in Anaheim if we don't move him.

The market is tough to predict on a guy like Henrique, because of all the erikssons/lucics etc of the world. At the same time I don't think Anaheim is lookin to give him away either, as he is arguably our best player this season, and brings a lot to the table and is a good player to have around the young players.

I think most duck fans would want a 1st, try to sell high on a strong season from him. I could see a team with a late 1st possibly take a flyer on it, might have to retain a bit on it to make it a little more comfortable for team, but I think buffalos is too high to risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad