Proposal: BUF - ANA

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I want to say that that's pretty expensive for a 30, soon to be 31-year-old, 40-point center, but that's similar to what Pageau got from the Islanders, although he's three years younger, and they signed him for longer for ~$1 million less.

17leafs sabres11

Feb 29, 2020
To GET, You gotta GIVE...a 1st rounder is expensive, but how long
do we wait for these prospects to" develop "( see: success of Buffalo`s
scouting and drafting 2010-2019) . Speaking of which, who out there
thinks Middlestadt will develop into anything better than a 3c...so is
the proposal that far out of line?

Reactions: Getz2noone

17leafs sabres11

Feb 29, 2020
The "declining asset" is on pace for 32 goals/50 pts this
season, with a poor team. What is Buffalo `s 2c projected
to attain? Eichel and a 32g 2c...what a difference.
Henrique also brings a veteran presence to the room...
these are all things to consider.
Too long has Buffalo suffered from GMs who "value
their players more highly (specific reference to Darcy Regier)
than do the other GMs" quote -Brian Burke )
If you could land an Henrique-like player for less, more power
to you.

Reactions: Getz2noone

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ritchie and Kase were the actually attaninable ducks I wanted and are both gone. I'd still take Comtois I guess...anyways I digress with an easy no.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I also would not do Mittelstadt for Henrique straight up, taking out the first from the original proposal

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I wouldn't do that package, and you lost me when you started quoting Brian Burke.

If do a second and the rights to Hickey for him but that is the absolute highest I would go for him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
to you.

Aging curves exist. Thinking he's going to continue on this season's pace for the remainder of his contract seems like banking on something that is highly unlikely.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm not inherently opposed to the idea of Henrique. He's certainly on the downside of his career but could likely be a serviceable 2/3 center for another 2-3 years.

But he's not worth a 1st round draft pick.

I'd consider Mitts, but not straight-up.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Mitts+1st.. id be tempted next year depending on how the season is going. If Mitts looks kinda like A. Nylander and Sabres seem playoff bound..

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
to you.

I took at look at his underlying stats, and they are actually reasonably positive. That being said, he's not worth near what you are suggesting in your original post.

I exaggerated a bit when I said i wouldn't take him for free. His contract is buyout friendly-ish (not bonus heavy). However, there are a few issues:

#1. His age. He's 30 years old. He's a diminishing asset. So that knocks quite a few pegs of his potential trade value
#2. His NTC. Given Anaheim isn't exactly lighting the world on fire, but I'd venture a guess we probably are on his 10 team no trade.
#3. What anaheim will want vs what we can reasonably offer. Anaheim is going to want picks/prospects. We aren't overstocked in anyway.

I'm not giving up a 1st or Mittelstadt by themselves for Henrique. If for some reason Anaheim was looking to move him and the ask was reasonable (say, a 2nd round pick + prospect), it's a discussion to have. However, I'd refocus my assets on long term viability, and that would focus on a center under 25 with multi years of team control left.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
#2. His NTC. Given Anaheim isn't exactly lighting the world on fire, but I'd venture a guess we probably are on his 10 team no trade.
He seems to have a farm near Buffalo, so this could be the case of Jeff Skinner.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I took at look at his underlying stats, and they are actually reasonably positive. That being said, he's not worth near what you are suggesting in your original post.

I exaggerated a bit when I said i wouldn't take him for free. His contract is buyout friendly-ish (not bonus heavy). However, there are a few issues:

#1. His age. He's 30 years old. He's a diminishing asset. So that knocks quite a few pegs of his potential trade value
#3. What anaheim will want vs what we can reasonably offer. Anaheim is going to want picks/prospects. We aren't overstocked in anyway.

I'm not giving up a 1st or Mittelstadt by themselves for Henrique. If for some reason Anaheim was looking to move him and the ask was reasonable (say, a 2nd round pick + prospect), it's a discussion to have. However, I'd refocus my assets on long term viability, and that would focus on a center under 25 with multi years of team control left.

I'd want salary retention to offer Anaheim anything for him. Henrique's decline over the remaining life of his contract is too predictable to sink nearly $6M of precious cap space.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think middlestat + 1st is a little rich, but id be willing to retain 1 mil a season... or you cab drop middlestat for a Lesser prospect.

Hes been arguably our best player this year... and i really dont expect his contract to be that bad by the end... you can move him to wing when cozens is ready... as he does pretty well on wing.

Or rakell could be a potential option

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad