OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It was a really stiff test for a team with not a lot of reps for sure.

Gahh we played like dog turds at times but the good news is that it was easily correctable mistakes are what cost us the game. I was a little worried it was going to happen because given that there was no preseason, an improper training camp and no OTA's. I had it in the back of my mind that mistakes were bound to be made. Given how many new players we have on offense, it's like that expression of "If you throw all the pieces of a watch together in a bag and shake it will everything fall into place and it comes out assembled?" Thusly to your point, the bag watch going up against a Rolex is a stiff first contest.

It says A LOT about Jameis Winston that Tom Brady can come in here under COVID preparation circumstances and his first game with us was no worse than anything we've seen in the last 5 years under Winston himself.

Reactions: berlin

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
as a Patriots fan, I can safely say what you saw today is what Brady is now. I say this not as a jilted fan, I root for laundry not players.

But for the past 2 seasons this is what Brady was in NE. His progressions were painfully slow, he couldn't hit the quick throws anymore, he doesn't see open receivers, and his arm is not there anymore. The low and late, or overthrows were constant here and he doesnt have that frozen rope zip anymore.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
as a Patriots fan, I can safely say what you saw today is what Brady is now. I say this not as a jilted fan, I root for laundry not players.

But for the past 2 seasons this is what Brady was in NE. His progressions were painfully slow, he couldn't hit the quick throws anymore, he doesn't see open receivers, and his arm is not there anymore. The low and late, or overthrows were constant here and he doesnt have that frozen rope zip anymore.
As long as he doesn’t throw 30int we’ll be alright.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, last Saturday/Sunday/Monday...

Saturday: Lightning lost
Sunday: Bucs won
Monday: Lightning won

So, I mean, if that three-day pattern plays out exactly the same way this time around...guess it wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Congrats Tampa Bay in Stanley Cup. U guys are now turning into quite the sports city with Rays and Bucs doing well .Ive been to TB a few times for hockey games. Just a quick question, what is the pecking order there. Do the Bucs rule? Rays?Bolts?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Congrats Tampa Bay in Stanley Cup. U guys are now turning into quite the sports city with Rays and Bucs doing well .Ive been to TB a few times for hockey games. Just a quick question, what is the pecking order there. Do the Bucs rule? Rays?Bolts?
Bucs definitely rule. We're a football town first and foremost. After that it's the Bolts, then the Rays. The Rays could theoretically pass the Lightning if they ever moved to Tampa and won a World Series, though. Baseball does have a lot of history here with spring training. Still the Bolts are definitely part of our lifeblood now ever since that first Cup win and even moreso since Vinik took over and made them a model franchise.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Bucs definitely rule. We're a football town first and foremost. After that it's the Bolts, then the Rays. The Rays could theoretically pass the Lightning if they ever moved to Tampa and won a World Series, though. Baseball does have a lot of history here with spring training. Still the Bolts are definitely part of our lifeblood now ever since that first Cup win and even moreso since Vinik took over and made them a model franchise.

TB is a great place o see a game. I like leaving Canada in February or March to go to TB for a game. Lots of Canadians there

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Here is another question for ya. Last time I was in TB (2017) I noticed some hockey players coming outta the arena. They told me they play pick up hockey there. Is there a minor hockey program going on in TB now?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

It was the Rays for a hot minute about 10 years ago but this is a football haven. Lightning have always been sort of like Tampa's de facto 2nd team

Reactions: Oilers in NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad