OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They must think that there won't be spectators for a long time and that TV revenues won't be enough alone.

Reactions: berlin

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They must think that there won't be spectators for a long time and that TV revenues won't be enough alone.
I don't really know if the XFL can come back, but the league fired the employees, leaving a skeleton crew of executives.

If we're talking real talk, the league isn't defunct (yet). There is a path to take this as a mulligan, restructure, and come back in 2022 or 23'. The staffs would need to be replaced and maybe some teams move around, but there is a fan base for places like San Antonio.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can somebody please tell me when the hell God decided he was a Bucs fan? Rob f***ing Gronkowski just decided to come out of retirement just so he could play for us. Well.... to be with Brady but still. Tom Brady couldn't stand BB anymore so he came to us. Bruce Arians came out of retirement to coach us. Then when the evil Antonio Brown beckoned, coach Arians bitch slapped him back into the hole he dug for himself with about the biggest read between the lines "HELL NAW" I've ever heard. And now every college player still worth a damn at #14 in Thursday's draft is praying we pick them. We're a good 4 months from the season starting and I can already confidently declare that literally no matter what happens I don't think I can possibly be surprised by it.

Either God is inexplicably a Bucs fan right now or we destroyed God and a Bucs fan took his place.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Does Gronk still have it? The guy has had every sports injury imaginable it feels like.

Your guess is as good as anyones. That's why they gave up a 4th instead of a 1st or 2nd for that type of player. Even got back a 7th rounder in the trade as well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can't believe we got Wirfs. Everything is coming up Bucs.

I'm only half joking when I say this but there's got to be some kind of cosmic karma involved here. Maybe one of the Glazers is having a spiritual awakening or something? Maybe Jameis has bad juju? I mean we moved on from a 1st overall pick and the universe be like: "Have the core of a dynasty and the best OT prospect" This can't all be because Licht had an inside on Bruce Arians back in the day like 7 or 8 years ago and it's paying off now

Sometimes it is just that simple but that isn't something that's historically happened to the Bucs. Out success came at the expense of the 3 men most responsible in Rich McKay Sam Wyche and Tony Dungy and trading our soul for Gruden. Before that it was 0-26 and a hell of a penance to be paid for that NFC title game in 79.

Last edited:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
You guys got 2 really good players in Johnson and Winfield. Johnson fell because there was no pro day for him, but he is a perfect guy for Brady. Winfield is just a ball hawk.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Saints better pray to God Brees doesn't get hurt for any longer than like 2 games. Jaboo is a ticking time bomb. Remember folks: 88 INT's is simply what the opposition has caught. It doesn't reflect all the other times he made mistakes. If we were to assume every mistake he ever made was capitalized on he'd be humming at a 1:1 TD/INT ratio

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Brady thinks he is worth it.

We're going on 18 years since the Super Bowl and have 0 playoff wins and just merely 2 appearances. At this point, it matters less to me about who is making what in terms of money as long as we can just ACTUALLY contend for a championship for once. I swear to God a heartbreaking redux of the 1999 NFCCG would be preferable than to sit through another 5 win season and listen to my QB tell me that I need to look at all the positives or not focus on negatives and feed me some bullshit about humility because the dude can't be humble

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
A "just OK" Tom Brady will mean at least 3- 5 more wins for the Bucs. A very recent analysis of "Adjusted Interceptions" rate in 2019 shows how truly bad Winston was last year.
It takes a QB's interceptions, adds on throws that should have been intercepted and subtracts ones that were not the QB's fault. Basically it takes luck, both good and bad, out of a QB's performance.

Adjusted Interceptions 2019 | Football Outsiders

We have adjusted interception numbers dating back to 2007, and Winston is the first player since then to hit 40 adjusted interceptions in a season. Only three other players have even hit 30 in a season: Jay Cutler (34 in his first year with the Bears in 2009), Eli Manning (31 in 2013), and Luck (30 in 2012).
The gap between Winston and anyone else last year was monstrous. Philip Rivers and Kyle Allen each threw 26 adjusted interceptions.

If Brady does his usual taking care of the ball the Bucs will be far better off.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
40 adjusted INT's is a very generous margin when you consider he had 21 other INT's that were dropped...

Other drops in other years -based on what this website is telling me

2015: 7 dropped
2016: 7 dropped 2 tips
2017: 8 dropped
2018: 6 dropped

The total is 28 over the years and that still feels way..... WAAAAYYYY too low. I feel like I watched no less than a dozen missed INT's in Winston's rookie year alone. It feels realistic to me that Winston has actually gotten off the hook closer to 50 times or more throughout his career and his INT total could easily have been 105+

Fun fact: Buccaneers Observer broke down all 30 INT's and determined that 19 of them fell squarely on Winston. Coach Arians counted 20.

If Jason Licht had brought Winston back he would be one of the worst GM's in all professional sports. I would have (for the first time) given up watching any more games minus the condensed highlight packages after knowing what the score already is. That way I could laugh at the humiliation as opposed to either having my heart broken or becoming enraged in real-time. I'm sorry but I have better things to do with my time than be tortured by a 6th year player still making rookie mistakes.

Friggin dude needs to go to what he described as "Harvard" because he can't stop throwing picks

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
40 adjusted INT's is a very generous margin when you consider he had 21 other INT's that were dropped...

Other drops in other years -based on what this website is telling me

2015: 7 dropped
2016: 7 dropped 2 tips
2017: 8 dropped
2018: 6 dropped

The total is 28 over the years and that still feels way..... WAAAAYYYY too low. I feel like I watched no less than a dozen missed INT's in Winston's rookie year alone. It feels realistic to me that Winston has actually gotten off the hook closer to 50 times or more throughout his career and his INT total could easily have been 105+

Fun fact: Buccaneers Observer broke down all 30 INT's and determined that 19 of them fell squarely on Winston. Coach Arians counted 20.

If Jason Licht had brought Winston back he would be one of the worst GM's in all professional sports. I would have (for the first time) given up watching any more games minus the condensed highlight packages after knowing what the score already is. That way I could laugh at the humiliation as opposed to either having my heart broken or becoming enraged in real-time. I'm sorry but I have better things to do with my time than be tortured by a 6th year player still making rookie mistakes.

Friggin dude needs to go to what he described as "Harvard" because he can't stop throwing picks

Well it's a matter of interpretation on what a "dropped interception" is. Regardless Jameis did not take care of the ball!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Welcome Tom! Good riddance Winston. Stupid eating w's loser. Bitter party of one!

And Blake Snell? Shut your piehole. I am really starting to hate baseball. The MLBPA has really gotten away with a lot and it only hurts the league overall. They are a perfect example of what competitive imbalance does to a sport over time. Less and less fans

Reactions: Hoek

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Hmmmm.......... a month without Bucs comments. Am I the only one that is excited to see TB suit it up for the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad