OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Finally. Vinik convinced the Bucs on how to develop a winning organization. Now just go ahead and give TB a box at Amalie Arena so we can all go nuts when he shows up there.

P.S. - Won't it be fun if he's wearing Bolts gear during a Bolts-Bruins playoff game?:naughty:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
It's been reported that Brady had dinner at Bern's on Sunday with Vinik/Gates/and Derek Jeter (long time friend). Maybe that tipped the balance on his decision to sign here.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't have any delusions of grandeur about this signing. Sure it's awesome as hell but I'll say it again.... I'm more glad that Winston and his cripplingly bad INT's at the worst possible times is gone. We might win about 10 games this year because in a 2 minute situation down 3 points we're not gonna see the game end with the usual INT

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't have any delusions of grandeur about this signing. Sure it's awesome as hell but I'll say it again.... I'm more glad that Winston and his cripplingly bad INT's at the worst possible times is gone. We might win about 10 games this year because in a 2 minute situation down 3 points we're not gonna see the game end with the usual INT

Yea Winston was a liability for sure. Brady is like the opposite so should benefit. Plus it brings a whole new respect factor to the Bucs. Similar to how SY became our GM. Brady coming here impacts the team in kind of similar positive way.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
7To1kXD.png

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

This is where I'm at as well. Thank God Winston is gone, it's incredible to me the number of people who wanted him back. Turnovers are the number one way to lose a football game and he was guilty of it more than anyone. It wasn't just the turnovers though, it was all the drives that ended because he over/under threw open receivers on third downs.

Brady is a massive improvement in so many different ways, ways that his age won't hinder. Reading a defense, not staring down receivers, demanding accountability, and of course he's very protective of the football. The craziest stat I've seen is that Brady has less pick-sixes in the last decade than Winston had just last season.

We also have more offensive talent than Brady has had in many years, or maybe ever in his career. If we can get the line squared away it's going to be an interesting year. Expect us to be very active with trades, we're clearly all in and what Brady wants he's going to get. Otherwise there was no point in bringing him here.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Not a big football fan but I'll definitely tune into the Bucs because of this, at least initially. Should bring some hype and energy to the city, cool to see him end up here.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is where I'm at as well. Thank God Winston is gone, it's incredible to me the number of people who wanted him back. Turnovers are the number one way to lose a football game and he was guilty of it more than anyone. It wasn't just the turnovers though, it was all the drives that ended because he over/under threw open receivers on third downs.

Brady is a massive improvement in so many different ways, ways that his age won't hinder. Reading a defense, not staring down receivers, demanding accountability, and of course he's very protective of the football. The craziest stat I've seen is that Brady has less pick-sixes in the last decade than Winston had just last season.

We also have more offensive talent than Brady has had in many years, or maybe ever in his career. If we can get the line squared away it's going to be an interesting year. Expect us to be very active with trades, we're clearly all in and what Brady wants he's going to get. Otherwise there was no point in bringing him here.

Did you see the video of the Jameis fan pack his Bucs gear into a bin and throw it out of his house and proceed to act like Brady as an old man to mock him? That's the biggest fail since Brad Marchand botching breakaways and shootouts.

I swear on heaven this fellow must think "Damn... well it's okay Jameis you're still learning. It's okay. You're the franchise. Just gotta cut down on those mistakes is all. You got this" after his 4th game-ending interception of the season and we go less than .500 AGAIN. It is clear as day this fellow cares more about having HIM at QB as opposed to what hell the guy puts us through. Whatever the hell his reasons are I don't even want to know or openly speculate but he is clearly a Jameis homer above anything else.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Okay so it's not really that "new" but nicely done. Thanks for not overcomplicating it this time. I like the all pewter set!

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I don't care that they are not "new". The Superbowl jersey are legit classic, one of the best ever. Exactly what I want. They fix the mast on the sail. Everything is good for me. Iconic jersey, iconic look for me. I don't get all the talk 'they are too simple'.

Go BUCS!!!!!!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like them too. Makes me feel like they should have never switched them up in the first place.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
About as happy to see those old Super Bowl era uniforms as I am any time to have my mom's chili. You know exactly what you're gonna get but after 20 years you still cherish it and it feels like home. I can finally.... FINALLY buy Bucs jerseys again after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad