TBN: Bucky Gleason: The Pegulas May Be in Over Their Heads

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
For all the posters here who allegedly hate TBN.... A lot of you follow their tweets, post their opinions and articles here. And a select few, agree with a lot of what they type/say.

Why is that?

To the first half of that, I'm very critical of TBN, but I wouldn't say I hate them. As much as I think they do a bad job, they ARE one of the only sources of news in this town, so to some extent I don't really feel like I have a choice to be exposed to their content.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
For all the posters here who allegedly hate TBN.... A lot of you follow their tweets, post their opinions and articles here. And a select few, agree with a lot of what they type/say.

Why is that?

TBN does have some good writers on board (Dunne especially). They just happen to employ some stupid old trolls because it creates controversy (page views).

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
Pegula has yet to prove he can field/ice a team anywhere near being competitive for the last playoff spot.
Proof is In the pudding.

He's own the Bills for one full season. Seriously, let's give him two or three seasons first.

I'm not interested in the Sabres' era were they were competing for the 7th/8th playoff spot and getting knocked out in the first round every year.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Bills are in a much different spot than the Sabres, though. This was a playoff or bust year with their free agency moves, their talent level should only decrease over the next few years. The silver lining is if Tyrod can evolve into a legitimate better than average QB in the league, which is still unlikely.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Bills are in a much different spot than the Sabres, though. This was a playoff or bust year with their free agency moves, their talent level should only decrease over the next few years. The silver lining is if Tyrod can evolve into a legitimate better than average QB in the league, which is still unlikely.

Bills were in a similar spot to the Sabres when Pegula bought the team. Trade for Boyes, sign Leino and Ehrhoff. Didn't work out.

Same with the Bills: reinforce the current administration and see if they can get the job done, cut bait and start over if they can't.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
Judging an owner is usually done in hindsight. Nobody was criticizing him when he paid big money to keep Dareus and Hughes and get guys like Clay and Harvin. But when we don't live up to expectations, he gets a scathing article written about him. Sports writers have the luxury of a short term memory and while I won't click on this article, I'm willing to bet he didn't offer any solutions or specifics on what should have been done. Owners don't need to be football/hockey geniuses. They need to put the right people in positions of power, remove them
if necessary, and provide the financial means for success. I'd say he's done all that and then some. Articles like this make it sound like sports franchise ownership is a simple science that if u just do "X" and "y" then you'll win. It's mostly trial and error, give the guy a break and realize it could be much much much much worse

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Not to bring it up, because I can't stand the current group writers. But despite getting the paper 7 days a week. I rarely actually read articles in our sports section. It's just too jilted towards pessimism and negativity. Yes, our teams have sucked, but we finally have ownership that cares and will invest, so just shut your mouths and enjoy the efforts being put in...

This is why I wish for the days of Felser and Kelly. They were actually good writers and story tellers.

These hacks couldn't even be the clicky back end of Felser or Kelly's pen that makes the tip come out...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad