Confirmed with Link: Buch traded to STL for Blais + 2nd (2022)

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I looked it up because I was curious. That was the only goal he scored in those playoffs. He scored (2) (yes you read that right) goals in the regular season that year.

For context, Chris “pool man that can’t shoot” Kreider scored (28) goals in the regular season that year. In fact, the last time Chris “pool man that can’t shoot” Kreider scored (2) goals in a season was the 2013 lockout season.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I looked it up because I was curious. That was the only goal he scored in those playoffs. He scored (2) (yes you read that right) goals in the regular season that year.

For context, Chris “pool man that can’t shoot” Kreider scored (28) goals in the regular season that year. In fact, the last time Chris “pool man that can’t shoot” Kreider scored (2) goals in a season was the 2013 lockout season.

and he did it in 10 less game lmao

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah Sammy Blais needs to teach Chris Kreider, a guy who scored more goals this season (in a down year) than Blais has scored in his career, how to shoot. Right.

This board really jumped the shark this season.

ngl, for some reason i thought the poster was referring to Tucker Poolman. And i was very confused

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The last hardworking guys that would throw the body around and give you an honest hardworking shift from our farm have been Callahan, Dubinsky, and Fast to some extent.
You may have left him off because he's a defensemen, but I'd definitely put Lindgren in there. (Wait he was from our farm right? Even though we didn't draft him, he played in Hartford)

Reactions: Ola

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You may have left him off because he's a defensemen, but I'd definitely put Lindgren in there. (Wait he was from our farm right? Even though we didn't draft him, he played in Hartford)
Yea but he’s largely a Boston product. I think he only has 1 year in Hartford, was referring to guys we drafted and produced.
And it’s weird because we always had guys in the system and even on the big club that we either traded for or signed.
Our 4th line was always hardworking going back to Boyle, betts, ortmeyer, Prust, Fast, Pouliot, and on and on...
We even had Orr, Hollweg and Steve McKenna for a time and they sucked at hockey, but everyone knew the 4th line guys needed to be physical at the least.
That’s why it was weird when it just completely vanished all together.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Honestly, I think it was a terrible decision to take a slap shot on a 2 on 0. He's just lucky it worked.

Yeah it’s maybe not schoolbook. But one thing, and I am not even 100% I understand the mechanics about it. But many have started to use a delayed release N-S before shooting. Like it’s always been there E-W, you move around the goalie. But supposedly it’s really tricky for the goalie in a deceptive way when the release is delayed N-S. The goalie has to move a bit but the shooter still has two options compared to the E-W delay when you go around the goalie.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah it’s maybe not schoolbook. But one thing, and I am not even 100% I understand the mechanics about it. But many have started to use a delayed release N-S before shooting. Like it’s always been there E-W, you move around the goalie. But supposedly it’s really tricky for the goalie in a deceptive way when the release is delayed N-S. The goalie has to move a bit but the shooter still has two options compared to the E-W delay when you go around the goalie.

they look for the goalie to commit in anticipation where the shot is going and shoot elsewhere. Really have to be accurate to pull it off.

Anybody wearing the Rangers sweater is destined to shoot wide lol

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Honestly, I think it was a terrible decision to take a slap shot on a 2 on 0. He's just lucky it worked.

Not the highest percentage of scoring chances, but everyone thinks pass there.

Goalie, even seeing the wind up can't think shot only as then hes frozen in place in case there's a pass.

I'd love to see more slapshots that close.

Reactions: BobSantos

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't think it was a terrible play at all. Goalies don't like to face smoke from in close. I have seen Chara and others do the same thing.

Reactions: cheech70

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yea but he’s largely a Boston product. I think he only has 1 year in Hartford, was referring to guys we drafted and produced.

Lindgren is more a Rangers product than Boston I think. He never played on Boston's AHL team, he was still playing in college when the Rangers traded for him, then they signed him and he played 10 games for Hartford that year, then 65 for Hartford the next year.

I don't think it was a terrible play at all. Goalies don't like to face smoke from in close. I have seen Chara and others do the same thing.
Honestly he looked gassed and waiting much longer would have let the backchecker catch up and interupt a pass

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Yeah I've seen the big shots like MacKinnon, Matthews, McDavid use this quick little N-S move a lot. It kinda of freezes the goalie and they have the skill to roof it above the goalie's glove before he can react.

Reactions: Rongomania and Ola

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Lindgren is more a Rangers product than Boston I think. He never played on Boston's AHL team, he was still playing in college when the Rangers traded for him, then they signed him and he played 10 games for Hartford that year, then 65 for Hartford the next year.

Honestly he looked gassed and waiting much longer would have let the backchecker catch up and interupt a pass
Possible but still effective. Even as kids goalies hated slapshots from in close. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad