Confirmed with Link: Buch traded to STL for Blais + 2nd (2022)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean if it was even to the point where they were having such a difficult time finding a good trade that they were beginning to focus on a potential arbitration, that to me reinforces the idea that the market for him just didn't develop.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm legitimately afraid for him to trade for Eichel now. We will end up giving them Fox, Laf, Chytil and our next 9 1sts for Eichel and a 7th.
I will FREAK the EFF out if we trade ANY of the above. (Okay, maybe a future 1st, but thats it!
Let it be KNOWN, I am totally against this potential move, as I was against Gomez, Drury, that scrub from the Devils that played all of a few games before getting injured, AND Nasher.
Albeit Nash and Gomez returned some pretty good players.
This would be a MAJOR gamble, and dont see how this will work out well. There will be jealousy, malcontent and disdain because they lost 1 or 2 good teammates.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
*sad buch noises*

on the plus side the rangers might get lucky next year and pick someone who can produce like buchnevich in 5 years!
Yeah, you gotta look "big picture" and "sustainability". Pathetic, no matter HOW MUCH we need tougher 3rd or 4th line players. Ya' gotta believe Blues fans are dancing right about now.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This is a close 2nd to the Zucc trade in terms of underwhelming returns for valuable assets.

Actually, this migt be even worse

Reactions: gabevh3

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I like Blias as a player but they should have gotten the rights to Klim Kostin or something else with the pick. Blias is a good 3rd 4th liner but not much trade value due to his role as a player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no time to read 50 pp!!!

Was vs this before, still have to admit the return is insufficient.
howev
am warming up to Blais as a piece
we either needed another 2nd+
or for that 2nd we got next yr to be a 1st

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hope to see a ton of this this season between him, Hunt, Barron Goodrow and Reaves. It will also make guys like LaF more physically engaged.
Bone crunching, I love it
I believe Hunt is here to stay on this team. could be a sleeper surprise player for NYR this season. underrated player. big fan of Blais. could have a career year here. can he play center consistently? i believe he has played center for the Blues at times during the season.

Reactions: jay from jersey

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Guys like Blais and Hunt can be nice pieces. Good skaters who can hit make it difficult for the opposition. The issue is that guys like that should be easy to develop by drafting and bringing up thru one's own system. To have to give up a 1st line solid two way winger, who has become a fan favorite & who took years to develop, seems ridiculous. and an affront to the fan base. We don't root for these players as if they are chess pieces.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Guys like Blais and Hunt can be nice pieces. Good skaters who can hit make it difficult for the opposition. The issue is that guys like that should be easy to develop by drafting and bringing up thru one's own system. To have to give up a 1st line solid two way winger, who has become a fan favorite & who took years to develop, seems ridiculous. and an affront to the fan base. We don't root for these players as if they are chess pieces.
Yea it sucks that it came at the cost of Buch for mostly financial reasons and to give our young studs more minutes/opportunity in the grand scheme of things. I wish the scouting department was better at identifying these types of players With our later rd picks so we don’t have to pay a premium for them.
The last hardworking guys that would throw the body around and give you an honest hardworking shift from our farm have been Callahan, Dubinsky, and Fast to some extent. That’s been a while ago now.
Sad to see Buch go, but it’s not going to make me like Blais any less. That type of physicality really gets the fans into the game, and makes the players play better/more urgent. We’ve been without it for too long now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Outside of the 10 second highlight clips of Blais running through people or the analytics player cards that people overuse in trying to compare third line forwards, he's a solid defensive-minded forward. NHL has full game replays available with a free NHL.tv login, at least over the summer and working as of today.

Been watching some of the games where Blais gets 14-15 mins of ice time and he's huge in shutting down team's top lines. April 14th against the Avalanche they had him on the "first line" with O'Reilly and Perron as a shutdown line against Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog.

In addition to shutting that line down and forcing the avs to move Landeskog to a different line, he creates offensive opportunities by driving to the net and playing north-south hockey. Makes a nice move on Graves near the end of the first period to create a grade-A scoring chance for himself.

Excited to see him in the Rangers lineup next season.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Outside of the 10 second highlight clips of Blais running through people or the analytics player cards that people overuse in trying to compare third line forwards, he's a solid defensive-minded forward. NHL has full game replays available with a free NHL.tv login, at least over the summer and working as of today.

Been watching some of the games where Blais gets 14-15 mins of ice time and he's huge in shutting down team's top lines. April 14th against the Avalanche they had him on the "first line" with O'Reilly and Perron as a shutdown line against Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog.

In addition to shutting that line down and forcing the avs to move Landeskog to a different line, he creates offensive opportunities by driving to the net and playing north-south hockey. Makes a nice move on Graves near the end of the first period to create a grade-A scoring chance for himself.

Excited to see him in the Rangers lineup next season.
Yea there’s a real possibility he gets a shot at Panarins RW for at least part of this upcoming season I think

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lj0WMIf_d.webp

p2dNfZL_d.webp

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yea there’s a real possibility he gets a shot at Panarins RW for at least part of this upcoming season I think

Value and contracts aside for a moment, I do think the Rangers have the right idea with guys like Blais and Goodrow.

I think our third line could bring something different and useful. I'm almost as excited about that line as anything else. I also like that Blais and Goodrow can slide up, down, sideways, etc.

I’d rather swap those guys into top six roles as needed than have someone like Tarasenko where if Kravtsov claims a top six role you’ve got someone in a position of necessity rather than strength. Swapping Blais with Kravtsov this season or Kreider next season is an option. As is swapping Goodrow with Chytil or a RW. So in that sense, they give us some options. Though admittedly I look those options a bit better it Strome isn’t forced into the mix.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Value and contracts aside for a moment, I do think the Rangers have the right idea with guys like Blais and Goodrow.

I think our third line could bring something different and useful. I'm almost as excited about that line as anything else. I also like that Blais and Goodrow can slide up, down, sideways, etc.

I’d rather swap those guys into top six roles as needed than have someone like Tarasenko where if Kravtsov claims a top six role you’ve got someone in a position of necessity rather than strength. Swapping Blais with Kravtsov this season or Kreider next season is an option. As is swapping Goodrow with Chytil or a RW. So in that sense, they give us some options. Though admittedly I look those options a bit better it Strome isn’t forced into the mix.
I’m a huge Barron guy. I think he thrives under Gallant with his size talent and shot. I’m also really excited at the prospect of our third line. Barron is my sleeper pick to come out of camp with the 3C job flanked by Goodrow and another vet. Goodrow could be his safety blanket for face offs if need be and on the job training teacher.
Goodrow-Barron-Kravtsov/kreider/Blais

what do you think edge??

I also would like strome on a bus out. I’d rather give his even strength minutes to Chytil and put one of our kids in his spot on the PP

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’m a huge Barron guy. I think he thrives under Gallant with his size talent and shot. I’m also really excited at the prospect of our third line. Barron is my sleeper pick to come out of camp with the 3C job flanked by Goodrow and another vet. Goodrow could be his safety blanket for face offs if need be and on the job training teacher.
Goodrow-Barron-Kravtsov/kreider/Blais

what do you think edge??

I also would like strome on a bus out. I’d rather give his even strength minutes to Chytil and put one of our kids in his spot on the PP

I think Barron is another guy who potentially gives you options, depending on how they want to develop him.

As a center he could eventually pivot that third line with Blais on his left and Goodrow on his right.

As a left wing he could eventually play with Goodrow in the middle and Blais on the right.

So there are options there. Maybe not right off the bat this season, but down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad