OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Absolute garbage bullpen. Poche with a terrible play on an awful bunt attempt to not take out the lead runner with an eternity to make the throw. Naturally that runner then steals 3rd because Poche doesn't hold him well and then scores. Rays offense has also been pathetic, stranding runner runner after runner is scoring position. Good teams can't throw these series away, as they face too many good teams to lose multiple games of ground with this level of play against such a bad team.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The Rays are about to lose to a team that is 6-24 their last 30. The pitching needs serious help, which of course the Rays won't do at the deadline, because God forbid they trade any precious prospects. I'm sure though when the bullpen is throwing the season away in October, having a good farm system will be cause for great celebration....

Reactions: DMB06

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
8 losses now scoring at least 5 runs. 12 losses now out of 26 that are directly on the sorry excuse of a bullpen.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude don't get me started. They need to find a closer and probably 2 other guys. They're gonna completely f*** us in October. Has Cash managed to get us a lead in most innings thrown by bullpen too?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Dude don't get me started. They need to find a closer and probably 2 other guys. They're gonna completely f*** us in October. Has Cash managed to get us a lead in most innings thrown by bullpen too?
Yeah, at least a true closer and one set up guy/middle reliever is needed, at minimum. I've never thought much of Cash as a manager. He's far too reliant on using a spreadsheet and analytics to make decisions and not trusting his players. Ever since he pulled Snell in game 6 of the '20 WS when he was dominating the Dodgers, and then put in the joke that is Nick Anderson, thereby sealing that season, I've considered him terrible. Until the team wins a WS, nothing will change that opinion.

Reactions: DMB06

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yeah, at least a true closer and one set up guy/middle reliever is needed, at minimum. I've never thought much of Cash as a manager. He's far too reliant on using a spreadsheet and analytics to make decisions and not trusting his players. Ever since he pulled Snell in game 6 of the '20 WS when he was dominating the Dodgers, and then put in the joke that is Nick Anderson, thereby sealing that season, I've considered him terrible. Until the team wins a WS, nothing will change that opinion.
Yep, that's the game that did it for me too. Snell was not only pitching extremely well in a game they needed to win, he also had a low pitch count. But what really made the switch to Anderson comically stupid was that he had given up a run in something like seven or eight straight appearances. He was in a terrible slump, and of course in the game he goes to get smoked immediately again.

Sometimes I think Cash wants to make it all about himself, where he goes with a move that's beyond stupid because if it works out he believes he'll get all the praise. It's like he sells out his own team sometimes. That Snell decision is one of the worst in all of World Series history.

Here's the game:

Anderson had given up a run in six straight appearances, which of course went to seven. Snell pitched 5.1 innings giving up only 1 run and 2 hits with no walks and 9 k's, pitch count was only 71.

We didn't even make LA chase him, we just let them off the hook and pulled a pitcher who was dominating for no other reason than a spreadsheet said it was time to. It was the MLB equivalent of Michael Scott driving into the lake because his GPS told him to.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hey look, another trash pitching performance against, arguably, the worst team in the league. I especially like how Cash just left Chirinos in there to throw the game away when it was clear he was throwing one dud after another....

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Surprise, surprise, another winnable game ended once Beeks comes into pitch. Opponents must salivate when they see this bum take the mound, as he's good for allowing 2-3 runs an appearance. How he hasn't been dfa'd is a mystery, as he is one of, if not the worst relief pitcher in the game.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Lol, another great offensive performance, against a good pitcher no less, ruined because of the incompetent pitching. How many more games is the team going to score 5 or 6+ and lose before real changes get made...

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Its gonna take a small miracle to escape this one with a win. That 30 games over .500 is our mountain it seems. Whenever we get close we slip

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Rays are 6-11 over their last 17, have lost six straight. The wheels are falling off, at this point, especially with that pen, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish around .500.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Rays are 6-11 over their last 17, have lost six straight. The wheels are falling off, at this point, especially with that pen, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish around .500.
They are in a slump, and they are facing some tough teams as well. They are still 57-33, and they outplayed Atlanta in some facets tonight. Brandon Lowe's continued incompetence cost them in what was an otherwise good pitching performance all around. The hitting was never going to stay hot the whole year either. As long as they make a couple of trades before the deadline to address pitching, they should still have a deep run in them. Not a chance they finish near .500 with this roster.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Randy with a more than impressive performance in the HRD at T-Mobile. Guy gets more velo per pound than almost any other MLB player. No disgrace in being bested by JR. Great fun to watch.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Randy with a more than impressive performance in the HRD at T-Mobile. Guy gets more velo per pound than almost any other MLB player. No disgrace in being bested by JR. Great fun to watch.
Easily the most consistent hitter during the whole derby. his downfall was the BP coach rushing pitches the last 30 seconds and derailing his consistency. He had it in the bag with 15 seconds left but couldnt get set

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The dumpster fire bullpen does it again(not to mention the offense once again disappearing). Two weeks left to see if this team is actually serious about winning a title or just another quick wild card/divisional rd exit coming.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Time to sell the farm for Ohtani
Please no. He’s a pure rental, zero chance of signing as a free agent. The attention and hype (pressure?) would be unfamiliar. But my concern is what it would take to get him. Yes, we have a deep farm. But putting so many eggs in one basket means you’re one injury away from disaster.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're not getting Ohtani. I have better luck at winning the Powerball. We're probably going to say "We love our team" and do nothing and the fans are gonna shut up and like it

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We're not getting Ohtani. I have better luck at winning the Powerball. We're probably going to say "We love our team" and do nothing and the fans are gonna shut up and like it
Not that Ohtani is realistic given what the team would have to give up for a straight rental, but if this team does nothing significant at the deadline, they have wild card or at best, divisional exit written all over them. Cash is a very mediocre manager and the pitching, especially the bullpen, is a joke. The offense has also regressed badly the last month. It's great to have a top 5 farm system year over year, but how many championships has that brought to the Rays...

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another pathetic loss for the Rays, ho hum I guess. 2 series wins in their last 10, playing .333 ball the last month, and no real changes being made. Cash is a garbage manager, and the front office doesn't seem to be doing much either. I thought it was just a slump they'd break out of, but it's looking more and more like the team many thought they'd be this year, unfortunately. 37-33 now after a 23-6 start

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Hypothetically, if it was possible to extend Ohtani for lets say 10 years. would a package of Bradley/Baz, Mead/Caminero, Xavier Isaac/Manzardo, Williams/Colmenarez, and a roster player like Walls or Margot, with 1 or 2 lesser prospects like Goss and/or Suarez, be worth it or enough to get Ohtani.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad