Post-Game Talk: B's Win 2-0 - 'Well We're Movin On Up' and on to Washington

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Looking good.

It's a sign of a strong team when they keep winning even when the on ice display isn't that pretty. They've beat a lot of good teams over the course of this run.

Seems like the B's will fly completely under the radar into the playoffs, and could be in for a good push for the cup too if everything goes as planned.

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
In 3 of the 4 regular season games vs the Habs in 2014-15 the Bs scored 1 goal, 0 goals, 1 goal. In games 6 and 7 of the playoffs vs the Habs last year the Bs scored 0 goals, 1 goal. In 3 of the 4 regular season games last season the Bruins scored 1 goal in each game. In the one game in which the Bs scored more than 1 goal Rask allowed one goal and got the win. It is complete bull **** to say that the Habs are in Rask's head. Fact is the Habs are in the entire team's head because they can't do jack **** in the way of offense the majority of the time against Montreal recently. It would help things a lot of the defense didn't look like a sieve against Montreal and if the offense could score more consistently.

You are unfortunately spot-on there. Montreal is the Kryponite for our team as I'd rather face anyone else than that disiciplined defensive team.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Did you watch any of this game? The 4th line was an albatross hanging around the neck of Claude. They won despite that line, not because they did anything good. They were terrible. They constantly got pinned in their own end, and their idea of a break out was to loft the puck up 20 feet in the air to center ice, giving it right back to the Pens. I'd be shocked if they crossed center ice with control of the puck more than 5 times all game. They were atrocious.

I thought there last two shifts in the 3rd period were bad and the Bergeron line had a bad one also_Other than that I thought they were decent,not as good as they had been lately but not bad enough to totally give up on the line.Substituting Ferlin for Campbell could make a big difference.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Honestly, the two guys who haven't played in a month and a half would be the ones to truthfully sit, until they've shown they have their legs. But that's not going to happen since one of them is DK. I'd be fine if they platooned Smith and Connolly like you suggest, but I really hate how god awful that 4th line is. It's a real issue for the team that gets compounded by Julien seemingly not realizing how badly they suck. Even adding Talbot hasn't moved the needle, despite him bringing some much needed energy. Paille and Campbell are just that bad this year. Like monumentally bad.

But did anyone else notice this?

Campbell played 15.38 tonight.

That's more than the following players:

Bergy
Marchand
Lucic
Smith
Pastrnak
Paille
Kelly
Spooner
Talbot

:joker: :scared: :help:

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Looking good.

It's a sign of a strong team when they keep winning even when the on ice display isn't that pretty. They've beat a lot of good teams over the course of this run.

Seems like the B's will fly completely under the radar into the playoffs, and could be in for a good push for the cup too if everything goes as planned.

They're are playing well but to think they are going to make it that far is a false hope IMO. The playoffs are an entirely different animal. The defense for example is still very questionable, lots of bottom pairing defensemen but no definitive top pairing units. Both Siedenberg and Chara look out of form. The younger forwards are fast and skilled but can they really handle the grind of a deep playoff run? Not to mention they've yet to beat Montreal who they will likley run into the further they make it.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They're are playing well but to think they are going to make it that far is a false hope IMO. The playoffs are an entirely different animal. The defense for example is still very questionable, lots of bottom pairing defensemen but no definitive top pairing units. Both Siedenberg and Chara look out of form. The younger forwards are fast and skilled but can they really handle the grind of a deep playoff run? Not to mention they've yet to beat Montreal who they will likley run into the further they make it.

Seidenberg looks like he is back in form. He has been very good lately.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Missed the game live, who did Kunitz knee in the junk? I saw it on kuklas korner.

McQuaid.

PlushInferiorAvians.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
But did anyone else notice this?

Campbell played 15.38 tonight.

That's more than the following players:

Bergy
Marchand
Lucic
Smith
Pastrnak
Paille
Kelly
Spooner
Talbot

:joker: :scared: :help:

So how we get julien to scratch him when krecji+ connolly comes back?
Paille+Campbell has to be the guys to be out for us to have any chance in the playoffs, you don't scratch scorers instead of 4th liners.

I'm afraid that we won't have the best possible lineup in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So how we get julien to scratch him when krecji+ connolly comes back?
Paille+Campbell has to be the guys to be out for us to have any chance in the playoffs, you don't scratch scorers instead of 4th liners.

"We" don't get Julien to do anything unless you're suggesting storming the Garden. :laugh:

Connolly and Krejci are weeks away. Why people insist on freaking out over something that isn't close to happening yet is puzzling. Anything can happen between then and now. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof," as the Bible says.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
"We" don't get Julien to do anything unless you're suggesting storming the Garden. :laugh:

Connolly and Krejci are weeks away. Why people insist on freaking out over something that isn't close to happening yet is puzzling. Anything can happen between then and now. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof," as the Bible says.

Krecji is quite close, and because I have no trust in him(in this situation) and I want us to win :laugh:
+ seeing campbells icetime freaks me out. he's a 4th line C past his prime.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Agreed. There should be absolutely no speculating allowed on a message board...:laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If he sits Spooner and Conolly come playoff time, it'll come back up.

I need Ferlin to get in some games over Soup. I'm not liking what I see from him.

I want to see the kid line stay together but more importantly I want to see Spooner stay in the lineup. I would rather not go back to Krejci and Lucic but who's to say it wouldn't work this time with Pasta ? Krejci ,hopefully is going to get in playoff mode soon and Pasta is getting better and better all the time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He should put Kelly in Campbell's spot and move Yeti out to the left side slotting Krecji in the middle .

Kelly has to be 4th line C,
we have too many rw's and one of those needs to be 3rd line lw and push kelly to center the 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad